Thank you for that in depth analysis
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter

Re: Mesut Ozil

Postby chunky_monkey » Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:37 pm

Rainham Red wrote:
chunky_monkey wrote:needs to do more.

Thank you for that in depth analysis

that's ok :thumbs: I just can't add anything that hasn't already been said before.
chunky_monkey
Forum Supporter

Mesut Ozil

Postby Rainham Red » Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:27 am

I hope our fans don`t start heckling Ozil as they did Ramsey.Our supporters have a bad reputation for turning on their own players.
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter

Mesut Ozil

Postby louder » Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:29 am

Rainham Red wrote:I hope our fans don`t start heckling Ozil as they did Ramsey.Our supporters have a bad reputation for turning on their own players.

Agree. I like Ozil in the starting eleven. To start giving him grief would demonstrate a lack of sense.
"Arsene is a perfect fit for Arsenal. This is the classiest club out there" - Graeme Souness.
louder
Forum Supporter

Postby Dangarys Corinthians » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:05 am

I feel sorry for the bloke. He doesn't do enough work, but thats not his game. Play him through the middle where he will do damage and he doesnt have to do any covering and he will get his confidence back.

Continue to play him on the left and he will end up like Arshavin.

I mean, come on, what world does Wenger live in? Playing Ozil on the left to counter Zabaleta. Even Pellegrini spotted it, and started Navas (who never starts games) to get at Monreal because he knew Ozil wouldn't provide any protection.
Dangarys Corinthians

Postby Rainham Red » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:18 am

Dangarys Corinthians wrote:I feel sorry for the bloke. He doesn't do enough work, but thats not his game. Play him through the middle where he will do damage and he doesnt have to do any covering and he will get his confidence back.

Continue to play him on the left and he will end up like Arshavin.

I mean, come on, what world does Wenger live in? Playing Ozil on the left to counter Zabaleta. Even Pellegrini spotted it, and started Navas (who never starts games) to get at Monreal because he knew Ozil wouldn't provide any protection.

Absolutely correct
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter

Mesut Ozil

Postby ForeverRed » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:27 am

There's no excuse for a bad attitude!!! He shows no effort at all and his passing was dreadful, lazy. I would never boo anyone in an Arsenal shirt but he is really pissing me off.
COYG*WIGGY OUT*FOYS
ForeverRed
Forum Supporter

Mesut Ozil

Postby Rainham Red » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:58 am

ForeverRed wrote:There's no excuse for a bad attitude!!! He shows no effort at all and his passing was dreadful, lazy. I would never boo anyone in an Arsenal shirt but he is really pissing me off.

Ozil will never be like Sanchez running up and down the pitch for 90 minutes making tackles, covering defenders.That`s not his game and there are other players like that in the Premiership and it`s up to their Managers to play them in the position that most suits them and in Ozil`s case not playing wide but in the middle dictating play.Ozil was a brilliant player for RM and he hasn`t suddenly become a useless player he just needs to play where he is most comfortable.
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter

Mesut Ozil

Postby ForeverRed » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:09 am

Rainham Red wrote:
ForeverRed wrote:There's no excuse for a bad attitude!!! He shows no effort at all and his passing was dreadful, lazy. I would never boo anyone in an Arsenal shirt but he is really pissing me off.

Ozil will never be like Sanchez running up and down the pitch for 90 minutes making tackles, covering defenders.That`s not his game and there are other players like that in the Premiership and it`s up to their Managers to play them in the position that most suits them and in Ozil`s case not playing wide but in the middle dictating play.Ozil was a brilliant player for RM and he hasn`t suddenly become a useless player he just needs to play where he is most comfortable.

The difference at RM RR is that he had Ronaldo, Benzema, Di Maria, Higuain to pass to. I'm not saying we have poor players btw.

I would love to see how Ozil would do at number 10 but will Wenger change it? I think not. This is a much different league to La Liga, its much quicker and much more physical. Defenders are up in your face quicker and they'll let you know about it. Ozil needs to learn to adapt, because him jogging around casually is not how to succeed in this league. You need grafters.
COYG*WIGGY OUT*FOYS
ForeverRed
Forum Supporter

Postby potter » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:25 am

If you want Ray Parlours then go buy them. We were told we did not need to buy a worldclass midfielder because we had too many of them already and that probably is the case. What we don't have are the players to play in the positions to make the best of what we have and that means that they don't get to play in their correct positions and therefor don't contribute as much as they should. There was no need to buy Ozil if we were going to play with Ramsey , Wilshere , Cazorla , Rosicky , OX -Chamberlain what we needed at the time was a Di Maria type of player to make the best of their talents . I feel for Ozil , he is being wasted as was Arshavin . As for effort ? I would think that he is totally demoralised and he is not a natural chaser back. His game is to receive a ball find a gap and play a man into it . he can't do that from just inside his own half any more than Rosicky and Cazorla can when they get stuck out there too .
"Never be deceived that the rich will permit you to vote away their wealth."

It would be foolish to think otherwise
potter
Forum Supporter

Postby chunky_monkey » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:40 pm

Booing we are not at that stage yet.
chunky_monkey
Forum Supporter

Postby I Believe Overall » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:18 pm

chunky_monkey wrote:Booing we are not at that stage yet.

Some of us never get there either. I might have the odd shout to gee players up when I think they need it but booing is something I reserve for players of other teams and then only when they've taken a liberty or acted like a twat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
me neither
I Believe Overall
Forum Supporter

Postby ForeverRed » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:24 pm

I Believe Overall wrote:
chunky_monkey wrote:Booing we are not at that stage yet.

Some of us never get there either. I might have the odd shout to gee players up when I think they need it but booing is something I reserve for players of other teams and then only when they've taken a liberty or acted like a twat.

Agree 100%. I will never boo any player at The Arsenal.
COYG*WIGGY OUT*FOYS
ForeverRed
Forum Supporter

Postby wilko331984 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:47 pm

Play him in his favoured position and we will se the best of him. End of.
wilko331984
Forum Supporter

Mesut Ozil

Postby louder » Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:47 am

You're wrong.
"Arsene is a perfect fit for Arsenal. This is the classiest club out there" - Graeme Souness.
louder
Forum Supporter

Mesut Ozil

Postby louder » Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:53 am

The problem isn't the player, it's an aspect of our support that's the problem. Arshavin shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath as Ozil. The German works hard every game and always offers something to the team. Playing such a high quality player on the left isn't a problem when he is given such freedom - it's not as if he being ordered to play as a winger.

I hope that the section of support, who tend to follow those with the loudest voice, don't hound this player out just because they only understand orthodox, traditional football roles.

Ozil is a valuable member of our tea. :flag:
louder
Forum Supporter

Postby I Believe Overall » Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:01 am

I think Ozil is a luxury player who can find passes and moves that others don't see. He plays the game in slow motion and that makes him look like he is disinterested to get involved in a midfield battle. I'd play in a team with him he is always in space and available and as a forward you know he is likely to find you. I still think he will find form as the season goes on and in the meantime we will be treated to only patches of good play. I think he is a genius and would play him every week. Arsenal spend most games attacking so going backwards isn't a priority like it might be for a lower league side. Let defenders worry about that.

me neither
I Believe Overall
Forum Supporter

Mesut Ozil

Postby Rainham Red » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:10 am

louder wrote:The problem isn't the player, it's an aspect of our support that's the problem. Arshavin shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath as Ozil. The German works hard every game and always offers something to the team. Playing such a high quality player on the left isn't a problem when he is given such freedom - it's not as if he being ordered to play as a winger.

I hope that the section of support, who tend to follow those with the loudest voice, don't hound this player out just because they only understand orthodox, traditional football roles.

Ozil is a valuable member of our tea. :flag:

Yes he does make a nice cuppa
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter

Postby potter » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:21 am

Arsenal spend most games attacking so going backwards isn't a priority like it might be for a lower league side. Let defenders worry about that.

And which defenders are you talking about . ? Kos and Mert , or Debuchy and Gibbs/ Monreal who spend more time in front of the forwards and leave the gaps wide at the back . So with Wilshere and Ramsey timing runs just outside the box , Sanchez and Ozil going forward with Welbeck up front. It leaves one player covering both full backs and effectively 3 at the back. No wonder I read a stat that we concede to the first attempt on target in virtually every game . In fact in my opinion Defensive organisation is a priority.
"Never be deceived that the rich will permit you to vote away their wealth."

It would be foolish to think otherwise
potter
Forum Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to Player Reviews