Mesut Ozil

Put all your player reviews from each match here

Re: Mesut Ozil

Postby louder » Tue May 20, 2014 7:37 pm

chunky_monkey wrote:Barca want £45m for Fabregas, would anyone be happy if we swapped Fab for Ozil


I'd settle for that.
"Arsene is a perfect fit for Arsenal. This is the classiest club out there" - Graeme Souness.
User avatar
louder
Forum Supporter
 
Posts: 10234
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:35 pm
Location: Arsenal Wenger !

Re: Mesut Ozil

Postby FOYS » Tue May 20, 2014 8:27 pm

louder wrote:
FOYS wrote:A luxury player.


A luxury player rarely works his bo##ocks off.


That's why I posted what I did.
What did she wear......
She wore,she wore,she wore a yellow ribbon......

Keep St George in my heart keep me English......
FOYS
 
Posts: 6037
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:15 pm
Location: GODS COUNTY KENT,BIRTHPLACE OF THE ARSENAL

Mesut Ozil

Postby Rainham Red » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:27 am

The ex German player Paul Breitner wants Ozil axed from the semi`s to save Germany only playing with ten men.He says nine players give 100% while the 10th (Ozil) does nothing but stroll about.Strong words but I must admit I haven`t been too impressed with him this World Cup nor indeed his performances for us last season although I`m hoping he was just getting acclimatised and will show his best form next season
User avatar
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter
 
Posts: 12254
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:20 pm
Location: Rainham KENT

Mesut Ozil

Postby louder » Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:26 pm

Rainham Red wrote:The ex German player Paul Breitner wants Ozil axed from the semi`s to save Germany only playing with ten men.He says nine players give 100% while the 10th (Ozil) does nothing but stroll about.Strong words but I must admit I haven`t been too impressed with him this World Cup nor indeed his performances for us last season although I`m hoping he was just getting acclimatised and will show his best form next season


I think the idea that Ozil doesn't work hard is all wrong. The stats may prove me wrong though :shrug:
"Arsene is a perfect fit for Arsenal. This is the classiest club out there" - Graeme Souness.
User avatar
louder
Forum Supporter
 
Posts: 10234
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:35 pm
Location: Arsenal Wenger !

Mesut Ozil

Postby German_Gooner » Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:40 pm

Rainham Red wrote:The ex German player Paul Breitner wants Ozil axed from the semi`s to save Germany only playing with ten men.He says nine players give 100% while the 10th (Ozil) does nothing but stroll about.Strong words but I must admit I haven`t been too impressed with him this World Cup nor indeed his performances for us last season although I`m hoping he was just getting acclimatised and will show his best form next season


Indeed strong words but I must say that I'm extremely disappointed as well by his performances at the WC.
I am one of his biggest fans but it really hurts to watch him and listen to the numerous critics here in Germany.
When he was subtsituted against France his body language was so aweful that I really started to shout at him.

I hope he will find back his best form for the new season as he is a class player.

By the way the other German Gunners are getting critics as well, Poldi was was crap against the US and substituded at halftime, Per lost his starting postion as CB against France and I think Loew will continue with Hummels/Boateng. I like Per very much and he
played a good season but to be honest I consider Hummels & Boateng as the stronger CBs.

Let's hope they all will be back to top form when the season starts :afcbanner:
User avatar
German_Gooner
Forum Supporter
 
Posts: 467
Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 2:09 pm

Mesut Ozil

Postby Rainham Red » Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:43 pm

louder wrote:
Rainham Red wrote:The ex German player Paul Breitner wants Ozil axed from the semi`s to save Germany only playing with ten men.He says nine players give 100% while the 10th (Ozil) does nothing but stroll about.Strong words but I must admit I haven`t been too impressed with him this World Cup nor indeed his performances for us last season although I`m hoping he was just getting acclimatised and will show his best form next season


I think the idea that Ozil doesn't work hard is all wrong. The stats may prove me wrong though :shrug:


Well he does have a rather lackadaisical air about him but I`ll wait until next season before I make up my mind
User avatar
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter
 
Posts: 12254
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:20 pm
Location: Rainham KENT

Mesut Ozil

Postby Rainham Red » Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:46 pm

German_Gooner wrote:
Rainham Red wrote:The ex German player Paul Breitner wants Ozil axed from the semi`s to save Germany only playing with ten men.He says nine players give 100% while the 10th (Ozil) does nothing but stroll about.Strong words but I must admit I haven`t been too impressed with him this World Cup nor indeed his performances for us last season although I`m hoping he was just getting acclimatised and will show his best form next season


Indeed strong words but I must say that I'm extremely disappointed as well by his performances at the WC.
I am one of his biggest fans but it really hurts to watch him and listen to the numerous critics here in Germany.
When he was subtsituted against France his body language was so aweful that I really started to shout at him.

I hope he will find back his best form for the new season as he is a class player.

By the way the other German Gunners are getting critics as well, Poldi was was crap against the US and substituded at halftime, Per lost his starting postion as CB against France and I think Loew will continue with Hummels/Boateng. I like Per very much and he
played a good season but to be honest I consider Hummels & Boateng as the stronger CBs.

Let's hope they all will be back to top form when the season starts :afcbanner:


If all three are dropped I suppose it would be good for Arsenal from an injury point of view but I do like the thought of watching Arsenal players in the World Cup
User avatar
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter
 
Posts: 12254
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:20 pm
Location: Rainham KENT

Mesut Ozil

Postby louder » Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:09 am

Rainham Red wrote:
louder wrote:
Rainham Red wrote:The ex German player Paul Breitner wants Ozil axed from the semi`s to save Germany only playing with ten men.He says nine players give 100% while the 10th (Ozil) does nothing but stroll about.Strong words but I must admit I haven`t been too impressed with him this World Cup nor indeed his performances for us last season although I`m hoping he was just getting acclimatised and will show his best form next season

I think the idea that Ozil doesn't work hard is all wrong. The stats may prove me wrong though :shrug:

Well he does have a rather lackadaisical air about him but I`ll wait until next season before I make up my mind


His expression doesn't inspire, but if we all judged everyone by the look on their boat race then we'd be I trouble.
"Arsene is a perfect fit for Arsenal. This is the classiest club out there" - Graeme Souness.
User avatar
louder
Forum Supporter
 
Posts: 10234
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:35 pm
Location: Arsenal Wenger !

Mesut Ozil

Postby I Believe Overall » Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:19 am

I spent a long time looking at Ozil last night and was very, very impressed. He doesn't catch the eye like some other forwards or wingers but other than one incident I struggled to find fault with anything he did I'll list a few here:-

1) Shrugged off Maicon twice using strength and not just skill
2) I spotted 4 forward passes that made it to one of the other forwards when other easier but less effective passes were on for him.
3) His speed across the ground going forwards is excellent but his speed of thought in transition is ridiculous and he was one of the main reasons that Germany could exploit the pressing game.
4) When Germany lost the ball in Brazil's half he didn't waste energy chasing lost causes but he did quickly put himself into a defensive position always in line with his team-mates - when the ball was won back he was mostly first to break.

One issue was when faced with a one-on-one he fluffed his lines. I reckon better finishing in those circumstances can be trained into him.
me neither
I Believe Overall
Forum Supporter
 
Posts: 2565
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:37 pm

Mesut Ozil

Postby louder » Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:57 pm

Excellent in the final too !
"Arsene is a perfect fit for Arsenal. This is the classiest club out there" - Graeme Souness.
User avatar
louder
Forum Supporter
 
Posts: 10234
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:35 pm
Location: Arsenal Wenger !

Mesut Ozil

Postby I Believe Overall » Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:45 am

BBC Player Analysis is a bit strange. Link below but I've picked this out. The wording makes out Ozil was taken off because he wasn't able to impose himself? Probably sums up what is wrong in English football any why we are unlikely to ever progress past where we are. Why do we criticise players who make a difference in games with skill and accuracy yet give Boateng a 9 when yes he played well but wasn't creative and didn't have a cutting edge? Any big fella with a bit of pace and well drilled could do that job....not many could do Ozils.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28286068

Mesut Ozil (Forward) - 6

Mesut Ozil
The Arsenal player has not had a vintage tournament and moved inside when Andre Schurrle was introduced. Made numerous tidy contributions without being really able to impose himself and was later substituted.
Arsenal midfielder Aaron Ramsey: "Congratulations Mesut Ozil, Per Mertesacker and Lukas Podolski! It can't get much better than that."


My Own Analysis would of been something like:-

Mesut Ozil (Playmaker) - 8
Ozil does most things very well but in the areas where it really matters he has an uncanny knack of seeing and completing passes that no other player in the team can achieve. If the Forwards in the team had been calmer in front of goal Ozil would have registered assists galore. The Argentinians could never impose themselves on the game for long enough periods while players like Ozil were constantly changing defence to attack at such speed. If only England could find and train players of that level.
me neither
I Believe Overall
Forum Supporter
 
Posts: 2565
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:37 pm

Mesut Ozil

Postby Rainham Red » Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:43 am

I really can`t make up my mind about Ozil he seems withdrawn to me like he isn`t really part of the team and he gave that impression when he was playing for us last season.He is a neat tidy player with an eye for a good pass but not a killer one in the manner of Bergkamp who with one pass would split a defense wide open.
User avatar
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter
 
Posts: 12254
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:20 pm
Location: Rainham KENT

Mesut Ozil

Postby louder » Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:30 pm

Rainham Red wrote:I really can`t make up my mind about Ozil he seems withdrawn to me like he isn`t really part of the team and he gave that impression when he was playing for us last season.He is a neat tidy player with an eye for a good pass but not a killer one in the manner of Bergkamp who with one pass would split a defense wide open.


Bit harsh comparing him with Dennis, RR. Very different players, although I do think Ozil can play the effective pass. Not so easy to make it a killer pass if the opposition sit deep in numbers. I think it would be to our advantage of more of our players were capable of interchanging with him in the opposition's half. Although I'm not too down on what he gave us last season, I think he will be important for us come kick-off in August. Although we may not see him for the first month.
"Arsene is a perfect fit for Arsenal. This is the classiest club out there" - Graeme Souness.
User avatar
louder
Forum Supporter
 
Posts: 10234
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:35 pm
Location: Arsenal Wenger !

Mesut Ozil

Postby louder » Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:30 pm

I Believe Overall wrote:BBC Player Analysis is a bit strange. Link below but I've picked this out. The wording makes out Ozil was taken off because he wasn't able to impose himself? Probably sums up what is wrong in English football any why we are unlikely to ever progress past where we are. Why do we criticise players who make a difference in games with skill and accuracy yet give Boateng a 9 when yes he played well but wasn't creative and didn't have a cutting edge? Any big fella with a bit of pace and well drilled could do that job....not many could do Ozils.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28286068

Mesut Ozil (Forward) - 6

Mesut Ozil
The Arsenal player has not had a vintage tournament and moved inside when Andre Schurrle was introduced. Made numerous tidy contributions without being really able to impose himself and was later substituted.
Arsenal midfielder Aaron Ramsey: "Congratulations Mesut Ozil, Per Mertesacker and Lukas Podolski! It can't get much better than that."


My Own Analysis would of been something like:-

Mesut Ozil (Playmaker) - 8
Ozil does most things very well but in the areas where it really matters he has an uncanny knack of seeing and completing passes that no other player in the team can achieve. If the Forwards in the team had been calmer in front of goal Ozil would have registered assists galore. The Argentinians could never impose themselves on the game for long enough periods while players like Ozil were constantly changing defence to attack at such speed. If only England could find and train players of that level.


Good post.
"Arsene is a perfect fit for Arsenal. This is the classiest club out there" - Graeme Souness.
User avatar
louder
Forum Supporter
 
Posts: 10234
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:35 pm
Location: Arsenal Wenger !

Mesut Ozil

Postby Friscoslug » Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:19 pm

louder wrote:
I Believe Overall wrote:BBC Player Analysis is a bit strange. Link below but I've picked this out. The wording makes out Ozil was taken off because he wasn't able to impose himself? Probably sums up what is wrong in English football any why we are unlikely to ever progress past where we are. Why do we criticise players who make a difference in games with skill and accuracy yet give Boateng a 9 when yes he played well but wasn't creative and didn't have a cutting edge? Any big fella with a bit of pace and well drilled could do that job....not many could do Ozils.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28286068

Mesut Ozil (Forward) - 6

Mesut Ozil
The Arsenal player has not had a vintage tournament and moved inside when Andre Schurrle was introduced. Made numerous tidy contributions without being really able to impose himself and was later substituted.
Arsenal midfielder Aaron Ramsey: "Congratulations Mesut Ozil, Per Mertesacker and Lukas Podolski! It can't get much better than that."


My Own Analysis would of been something like:-

Mesut Ozil (Playmaker) - 8
Ozil does most things very well but in the areas where it really matters he has an uncanny knack of seeing and completing passes that no other player in the team can achieve. If the Forwards in the team had been calmer in front of goal Ozil would have registered assists galore. The Argentinians could never impose themselves on the game for long enough periods while players like Ozil were constantly changing defence to attack at such speed. If only England could find and train players of that level.


Good post.



Good post indeed.

IBO I took to listening to German commentary when Germany played. They are objective and understand the game better than their BBC and ITV counterparts.

By the way, all were agreed the Özil had a very good game against Argentina.
User avatar
Friscoslug
Forum Supporter
 
Posts: 1591
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:48 pm

Re: Mesut Ozil

Postby potter » Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:39 pm

English pundits don't understand pass and move it's all energy more like pace and whoosh served up by superstars like Gerrard et al. Sad really when I first started watching football the Nicholson team up the road was far ahead of the rest of England, passing and moving at speed .However the English style soon came back and Northern kick em about football took over again. Had English football embraced skill over power earlier our home grown players would be bought up differently. We are only just catching up now.
"Never be deceived that the rich will permit you to vote away their wealth."

It would be foolish to think otherwise
User avatar
potter
Forum Supporter
 
Posts: 6774
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:39 pm
Location: Norfolk Broads

Mesut Ozil

Postby Rainham Red » Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:05 am

Ozil is paying for 23 Brazilian kids to have operations, nice touch
User avatar
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter
 
Posts: 12254
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:20 pm
Location: Rainham KENT

Mesut Ozil

Postby Red Snapper » Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:05 am

Rainham Red wrote:Ozil is paying for 23 Brazilian kids to have operations, nice touch

Hmmm, boys from Brazil? 23 new fuhrers??!!!
AFCINMYDNA

"Tottenham fans are idiots"---Roy Keane 4th January 2014
User avatar
Red Snapper
Forum Supporter
 
Posts: 4011
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:52 pm
Location: friern barnet

Mesut Ozil

Postby ForeverRed » Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:09 pm

I've got no more hate left for him. Fucking disgraceful pathetic man.

Yes he's out of position but there is absolutely NO excuse for a shit attitude and no effort. For me he has a serious amount of work to do before I begin to like him.
COYG*WIGGY OUT*FOYS
User avatar
ForeverRed
Forum Supporter
 
Posts: 5777
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:46 pm
Location: South Wales

Re: Mesut Ozil

Postby Hobart » Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:48 am

He needs to have words with Wenger and get back to the middle of the pitch. Either play there or don't play at all.
There's none so blind as those who will not see.

Do not argue with an idiot they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Hobart
Forum Supporter
 
Posts: 1297
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:42 pm
Location: Punxsutawney

PreviousNext


Return to Player Reviews



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


cron