Andre Arshavin

Put all your player reviews from each match here

Andre Arshavin

Postby Rainham Red » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:12 am

AA has said that Arsenal fans are hindering the team`s quest for a trophy by being so quiet.He went on to say that many of our players grew disillusioned by the lack of atmosphere at the Emirates.He went on to say `the atmosphere was weird it felt like the crowd was at the theatre-good seats,expensive tickets and theyu wanted to see a show not support the team`.`It was like there was no advantage in playing at home`.`Many of the players-the leaders who were left from the Club`s time at Highbury often complained that the atmosphere in the Stands was so bad`

Possibly true with a dash of sour grapes perhaps
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter

Andre Arshavin

Postby Daz86 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:36 am

He isn't wrong. Too many tourists.

Input Signiture here
Daz86

Andre Arshavin

Postby Rainham Red » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:39 am

Daz86 wrote:He isn't wrong. Too many tourists.

Thats true but all the top Clubs get tourists
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter

Andre Arshavin

Postby ForeverRed » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:58 am

He's not far off is he RR. Sadly it seems that it's only pockets of fans around the ground that want to really boost the atmosphere. Man United are similar, but they've just introduced the singing section which seemed to help the atmosphere alot in their Champions league game. Will be interesting to see if it lasts but it's a good idea. IMO the best way to get the atmosphere going in any ground is to get a standing area. Would be amazing if the Clock end and North Bank got made standing. Wouldn't happen though.
COYG*WIGGY OUT*FOYS
ForeverRed
Forum Supporter

Andre Arshavin

Postby Rainham Red » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:34 am

ForeverRed wrote:He's not far off is he RR. Sadly it seems that it's only pockets of fans around the ground that want to really boost the atmosphere. Man United are similar, but they've just introduced the singing section which seemed to help the atmosphere alot in their Champions league game. Will be interesting to see if it lasts but it's a good idea. IMO the best way to get the atmosphere going in any ground is to get a standing area. Would be amazing if the Clock end and North Bank got made standing. Wouldn't happen though.

The Arsenal fans for years have had a reputation for being quiet hence the nickname Highbury Library why this is so I don`t know.Interestingly enough
AVB accused Spurs fans of being too quiet in their league game against Hull so for their Cap 1 game against Hull my paper put in a device that measures noise levels and it showed the noise was louder than a pneumatic drill so obviously AVB shaming the Spurs crowd worked
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter

Andre Arshavin

Postby louder » Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:31 pm

Too many ageing, know-it-all, self-important, middle-aged ST holders who snuggle into their quiet seats expecting to be entertained for what they fork out. Not too sure who's to blame though, The Club or the type of fan it attracts.
"Arsene is a perfect fit for Arsenal. This is the classiest club out there" - Graeme Souness.
louder
Forum Supporter

Andre Arshavin

Postby baby ice » Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:42 pm

An effort was made Tue night around block 19, only to be thwarted by the stewards/ob trying to take memberships and names of anyone who looked the wrong way.
IN LIFE YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR, UNLESS YOUR AN ARSENAL FAN.
baby ice

Andre Arshavin

Postby FOYS » Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:26 pm

baby ice wrote:An effort was made Tue night around block 19, only to be thwarted by the stewards/ob trying to take memberships and names of anyone who looked the wrong way.

Too true.
What did she wear......
She wore,she wore,she wore a yellow ribbon......

Keep St George in my heart keep me English......
FOYS

Andre Arshavin

Postby FOYS » Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:27 pm

louder wrote:

Too many ageing, know-it-all, self-important, middle-aged ST holders who snuggle into their quiet seats expecting to be entertained for what they fork out. Not too sure who's to blame though, The Club or the type of fan it attracts.

Blame the club for sanitising the Bowl!!
What did she wear......

FOYS

Andre Arshavin

Postby louder » Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:32 pm

FOYS wrote:
louder wrote:

They never stop you from opening your godamn mouth !!If only your ilk were as vocal in the ground as you are on forums.
"Arsene is a perfect fit for Arsenal. This is the classiest club out there" - Graeme Souness.
louder
Forum Supporter

Andre Arshavin

Postby FOYS » Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:53 pm

louder wrote:
FOYS wrote:
louder wrote:

They never stop you from opening your godamn mouth !!If only you ilk were as vocal in the ground as you are on forums.

We are!!!! :nodding: :D
What did she wear......

FOYS

Andre Arshavin

Postby Veggie » Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:25 pm

I sort of agree with him in parts. I have often felt that when we really turned it on as a crowd that we have lifted the team to victory.
The last 3 home games against the Scum and the Barca game spring to mind as games when I think we were all really cranking up the volume and being the 12th man.
A standing area all the way around the lower tier (maybe the back 6 rows or summat) would really help. People are more inclined to sing and less self conscious when standing closely together. In the seats you feel a bit exposed and inhibited unless everyone around you is singing.
Arshavin is still a fat, greedy, lazy bastard though
Veggie
Forum Supporter

Andre Arshavin

Postby louder » Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:57 am

FOYS wrote:
louder wrote:
FOYS wrote:
louder wrote:

They never stop you from opening your godamn mouth !!If only you ilk were as vocal in the ground as you are on forums.

Pi**ing and moaning isn't what I meant, Helmet.
louder
Forum Supporter

Andre Arshavin

Postby FOYS » Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:16 am

louder wrote:
FOYS wrote:
louder wrote:
FOYS wrote:
louder wrote:

Pi**ing and moaning isn't what I meant, Helmet.

Pi**ing and moaning? Only at the Stasi stewards and dibble, rest of the time getting behind the team.........by singing with the rest of my "ilk" :nodding: Paid for it though, only got my voice back yesterday afternoon. Still, at least it's back for Dortmund away :D

Hope that I've cleared it up for you, shit for brains!!!
What did she wear......

FOYS

Andre Arshavin

Postby louder » Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:00 pm

FOYS wrote:Pi**ing and moaning? Only at the Stasi stewards and dibble, rest of the time getting behind the team.........by singing !!!

You're basically saying you're the perfect example of a loyal supporter whilst you're in the stadium ! Sorry, but you're not fooling anyone (i.e you're posting b*ll*cks, again, Helmut). There's something not quite right about someone who's too quick to sing their own praises.
louder
Forum Supporter

Andre Arshavin

Postby FOYS » Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:56 pm

louder wrote:
FOYS wrote:Pi**ing and moaning? Only at the Stasi stewards and dibble, rest of the time getting behind the team.........by singing !!!

You're basically saying you're the perfect example of a loyal supporter whilst in the stadium ! Sorry, but you're not fooling anyone (i.e you're posting b*ll*cks, again, Helmut). There's something not quite right about someone who's too quick to sing their own praises.

They're your words, not mine? What I've posted is true and if you don't like it.......... fucking tough tittie.
What did she wear......

FOYS

Re: Andre Arshavin

Postby Northern Gooner » Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:18 pm

Don't care what he thinks maybe if he actually tried when he was on the pitch the fans would of had something to sing about, certainly heard them today.
Northern Gooner

Return to Player Reviews