Sanchez

Put all your player reviews from each match here

Sanchez

Postby Daz86 » Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:04 pm

It's still early days, but he is full of running. At one point in the Everton game, he lost the ball, then sprinted back to out corner flag to win back the ball. I like those who put in the effort. Ozil and wilshere could learn a thing or two.

Input Signiture here
Daz86

Re: Sanchez

Postby wilko331984 » Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:30 pm

Couldn't agree more. The sad thing is that Jack would of done the same thing 2 seasons ago but if seems as if he's let it all go to his head? Ozil on the other hand has never been a tracker of the ball. He is a player that provides those moments of brilliance in attacking play. Unfortunately he still seems to have a world cup hangover.
wilko331984
Forum Supporter

Postby chunky_monkey » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:17 am

all i am saying average so far,
chunky_monkey
Forum Supporter

Sanchez

Postby louder » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:53 am

You rascal.
"Arsene is a perfect fit for Arsenal. This is the classiest club out there" - Graeme Souness.
louder
Forum Supporter

Postby Rainham Red » Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:11 am

chunky_monkey wrote:all i am saying average so far,

I agree with that it will take him a few games to get used to the Premiefship
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter

Postby ForeverRed » Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:55 pm

Wenger's not exactly helping by playing him out of position. God how many times have we said that over the years.

Square pegs in round holes. Wenger loves it.
COYG*WIGGY OUT*FOYS
ForeverRed
Forum Supporter

Postby louder » Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:58 pm

ForeverRed wrote:

Wenger's not exactly helping by playing him out of position. God how many times have we said that over the years.

You have to bear in mind that most players are afforded time to adjust to this league. What would you say is his best position, FR ?
"Arsene is a perfect fit for Arsenal. This is the classiest club out there" - Graeme Souness.
louder
Forum Supporter

Postby ForeverRed » Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:36 pm

louder wrote:
ForeverRed wrote:

You have to bear in mind that most players are afforded time to adjust to this league. What would you say is his best position, FR ?

Wing imo. It's where he spent his time at Barca and was very successful there. If we played two up front and AW played him up top I wouldn't mind as much. I really do think Wenger needs to change shape.
COYG*WIGGY OUT*FOYS
ForeverRed
Forum Supporter

Postby louder » Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:51 pm

ForeverRed wrote:
louder wrote:
ForeverRed wrote:

Wing imo. It's where he spent his time at Barca and was very successful there. If we played two up front and AW played him up top I wouldn't mind as much. I really do think Wenger needs to change shape.

I disagree with you on his position and with Wenger needing to change formation. Still cool though !
louder
Forum Supporter

Postby ForeverRed » Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:18 pm

louder wrote:
ForeverRed wrote:
louder wrote:
ForeverRed wrote:

I disagree with you on his position and with Wenger needing to change formation. Still cool though !

Where do you think he's best L?
COYG*WIGGY OUT*FOYS
ForeverRed
Forum Supporter

Postby louder » Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:46 pm

ForeverRed wrote:
louder wrote:
ForeverRed wrote:
louder wrote:
ForeverRed wrote:

Where do you think he's best L?

I think anywhere in the front four - either where he started yesterday, behind a Giroud type, or either side in an inside left or right type position. That said, in the Community shield game he seemed to play wide-ish right and did well at covering/protecting Debuchy. Bottom line is that any midfielder coming into the Arsenal set-up needs to realise that he must to be willing and able to be more than one dimensional. I think Ozil is adjusting well to the demands btw, despite the criticism he's getting.
louder
Forum Supporter

Postby ForeverRed » Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:55 pm

louder wrote:I think anywhere in the front four - either where he started yesterday, behind a Giroud type, or either side in an inside left or right type position. That said, in the Community shield game he seemed to play wide-ish right and did well at covering/protecting Debuchy. Bottom line is that any midfielder coming into the Arsenal set-up needs to realise that he must to be willing and able to be more than one dimensional. I think Ozil is adjusting well to the demands btw, despite the criticism he's getting.

I really don't feel Ozil has the attitude to play out wide. He may have the ability technically, but he's quite lazy and slow. I found it bizarre that AW put him up against Coleman and in front of an average left back in Monreal (I don't mean to be harsh to Nacho but I just don't feel he's a great left back)
COYG*WIGGY OUT*FOYS
ForeverRed
Forum Supporter

Postby louder » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:04 pm

ForeverRed wrote:
louder wrote:I think anywhere in the front four - either where he started yesterday, behind a Giroud type, or either side in an inside left or right type position. That said, in the Community shield game he seemed to play wide-ish right and did well at covering/protecting Debuchy. Bottom line is that any midfielder coming into the Arsenal set-up needs to realise that he must to be willing and able to be more than one dimensional. I think Ozil is adjusting well to the demands btw, despite the criticism he's getting.

I really don't feel Ozil has the attitude to play out wide. He may have the ability technically, but he's quite lazy and slow. I found it bizarre that AW put him up against Coleman and in front of an average left back in Monreal (I don't mean to be harsh to Nacho but I just don't feel he's a great left back)

Not keen on Monreal myself either. On the subject of Ozil, or any other midfielder besides the ones who obviously start in the middle - Mikel, Jack and Aaron - it's difficult to pin any of the the other midfielders down to an orthodox position. It's clear to me that Wenger doesn't say to any player "You're playing left or right wing today". The freedom these players are given makes it impossible to pigeonhole any of them. Some would argue against this malleable approach, but I think it's a strength when the players are up to speed and in form.
louder
Forum Supporter

Sanchez

Postby Rainham Red » Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:50 am

Ozil is wasted out wide he is a playmaker one of the best and should play centre mid-field.At the moment Jack for one reason or another is not playing well so he should be benched for a few games.
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter

Postby chunky_monkey » Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:01 pm

Ozil should be a number 10, playing just off the striker.
chunky_monkey
Forum Supporter

Postby ForeverRed » Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:45 pm

chunky_monkey wrote:Ozil should be a number 10, playing just off the striker.

I agree with both of you fine gentlemen.
COYG*WIGGY OUT*FOYS
ForeverRed
Forum Supporter

Postby louder » Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:02 pm

chunky_monkey wrote:Ozil should be a number 10, playing just off the striker.

Then you should visit the Four Four Two thread and explain how you fill the gap behind a front two.
louder
Forum Supporter

Sanchez

Postby Rainham Red » Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:27 am

On Tuesday Chile is have a friendly against Haiti and I assume Sanchez will be playing so we can`t really expect him back until Thursday which could mean he won`t be playing on Saturday.These damn Internationals do my head in.
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter

Sanchez

Postby Rainham Red » Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:28 am

In the photo shoot of the team on.com in every picture Sanchez looks like he would prefer to be elsewhere.
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter

Sanchez

Postby I Believe Overall » Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:20 am

Rainham Red wrote:In the photo shoot of the team on.com in every picture Sanchez looks like he would prefer to be elsewhere.

Didn't even get cold and wet yet either :(
me neither
I Believe Overall
Forum Supporter

Next

Return to Player Reviews