Stevenage

Good grub or a nice pint, post it here.

Stevenage

Postby Tenbob » Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:11 am

Just a comparison with our cardboard food and plastic bottled beer.
Visited for the first time last week free parking opposite ground, £18 terrace standing , before game went to the clubhouse attached to the stadium £3.15 a pint in a glass good selection of beers,both home and away inside and no waiting to get a drink.
In the ground proper hot dog £3. Good atmosphere with singing led by a drum the whole match.stewards friendly and good banter.
Actually surprisingly really enjoyed the day out and brought back memories of how going to a football match was.
As for the Arsenal
I'll give a shout for the Compton Arms on match days small and busy but no real wait to get served.
“ Arsenal come streaming forward now in surely what will be their last attack. A good ball by Dixon, finding Smith, for Thomas, charging through the midfield. Thomas, it's up for grabs now! Thomas! ”
Tenbob
Forum Supporter

Re: Stevenage

Postby potter » Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:10 pm

Kings head , met some friends there . It has changed hands and has a new brewery , Greene king has gone , very packed before and after the game , most people watching the 2 screens showing the Manchester derby and the one showing the Glasgow one.
"Never be deceived that the rich will permit you to vote away their wealth."

It would be foolish to think otherwise
potter
Forum Supporter

Re: Stevenage

Postby potter » Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:07 pm

Will be parking near Clissold Park so the Brownswood will be the stopping point. Lots of ales and ciders "Timothy Taylors Landlord" my favourite. Food , good quality but a bit gastro still nachos with cheese and jalapenos keeps the cold out , the plate big enough for two to share.
"Never be deceived that the rich will permit you to vote away their wealth."

It would be foolish to think otherwise
potter
Forum Supporter

Stevenage

Postby Peter12 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:09 pm

Tenbob wrote:Just a comparison with our cardboard food and plastic bottled beer.
Visited for the first time last week free parking opposite ground, £18 terrace standing , before game went to the clubhouse attached to the stadium £3.15 a pint in a glass good selection of beers,both home and away inside and no waiting to get a drink.
In the ground proper hot dog £3. Good atmosphere with singing led by paris taxi Airporta drum the whole match.stewards friendly and good banter.
Actually surprisingly really enjoyed the day out and brought back memories of how going to a football match was.
As for the Arsenal
I'll give a shout for the Compton Arms on match days small and busy but no real wait to get served.

I have met some friends there :bould
Peter12

Return to Food & Drink Around The Arsenal