Arteta..

Put all your player reviews from each match here

Arteta..

Postby louder » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:26 pm

...will not last for the duration of his contract'' - Is what I'm starting to think. I also think his understudy (whoever that may be) needs to be getting some game-time and if we don't have one who Wenger thinks is up to the task then a purchase may be neccessary in the near future.

My semi-controversial thought for the day :thumbs:
"Arsene is a perfect fit for Arsenal. This is the classiest club out there" - Graeme Souness.
louder
Forum Supporter

Re: RE: Arteta..

Postby wilko331984 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:30 am

Please explain why you think this? He's been here a year and a bit. He's nearly 30, he's at a large club playing as a regular. Plenty of contract left (4 years I believe)

This is one player in not worried about.

Sent from my Lumia 710 using Board Express
wilko331984
Forum Supporter

Arteta..

Postby radford149 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:36 am

louder wrote:...will not last for the duration of his contract'' - Is what I'm starting to think. I also think his understudy (whoever that may be) needs to be getting some game-time and if we don't have one who Wenger thinks is up to the task then a purchase may be neccessary in the near future.

1. great player

2. intelligent footballer

3. the leader of the team (should be captain)

4. your post is pathetic and way off the mark.
radford149

Re: Arteta..

Postby doritobrother » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:30 am

louder wrote:...will not last for the duration of his contract'' - Is what I'm starting to think. I also think his understudy (whoever that may be) needs to be getting some game-time and if we don't have one who Wenger thinks is up to the task then a purchase may be neccessary in the near future.

I really don't understand this. Arteta is probably our best passer of the ball and the one who links our defence and attack. We look a weaker team when he's not in it, and he seems to be a genuine leader. He doesn't have a lot of pace to lose anyway, so as long as he stays injury free then he should have minimum 4+ years.
“I am going to make this the greatest club in the world.” Herbert Chapman, 1925
doritobrother
Forum Supporter

Postby citizenerased » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:28 pm

he was completely and utterly taken out of both the chelsea and united games by the opposition sitting a player right on top of him. oscar and rooney both hassled and bothered him and rendered him ineffective. i found this quite worrying as we then had no link between the defence and midfield.

naturally wenger did fuck all to remedy this. he could easily have asked one of his other central midfielders to drop back and form a double pivot, but that would require a tweak to the tactical set up. heaven forbid.
citizenerased

Arteta..

Postby louder » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:11 pm

radford149 wrote:

1. great player

Just to go over your points.
No 1 - He's hardly a great player Radders, is he, honestly ? He plays a similar role to the one that Gilberto did but, in my opinion, not quite as well.
2 - Intelligent ? In the position that he sits in ? It's hardly a position that requires intelligence, is it ? Disciplined, maybe :shrug: . I'd like you to explain how he demonstrates this intelligence in his role.....
3 - I don't think he comes across as a leader at all. I think he has featured in most of the matches in which we've been beaten, and he has had little influence over our side.
4 - It's all a matter of opinion !
"Arsene is a perfect fit for Arsenal. This is the classiest club out there" - Graeme Souness.
louder
Forum Supporter

Arteta..

Postby radford149 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:23 pm

louder wrote:
radford149 wrote:

1. great player

No 1 - He's hardly a great player Radders, is he, honestly ? He plays a similar role to the one that Gilberto did but, in my opinion, not quite as well.
2 - Intelligent ? In the position that he sits in ? It's hardly a position that requires intelligence, is it ? Disciplined, maybe :shrug: . I'd like you to explain how he demonstrates this intelligence in his role.....
3 - I don't think he comes across as a leader at all. I think he has featured in most of the matches in which we've been beaten, and he has had little influence over our side.

your lack of football knowledge is plastered all over the above post. you ain't got a danny
radford149

Postby radford149 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:24 pm

doritobrother wrote:

I really don't understand this. Arteta is probably our best passer of the ball and the one who links our defence and attack. We look a weaker team when he's not in it, and he seems to be a genuine leader. He doesn't have a lot of pace to lose anyway, so as long as he stays injury free then he should have minimum 4+ years.

spot on rolf.
radford149

Postby louder » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:43 pm

radford149 wrote:
doritobrother wrote:

spot on rolf.

Dame Edna bigging-up Rolf ! Quel surprise.

As well as the idea that he's a leader, I simply have to take issue with the point being made about him being our best passer of the ball. The guy plays in a position where he drops into space and is, more often than not, allowed to collect the ball unchallenged, allowing him time to play a simple pass. When the opposition have pressed him in this area he has gone missing. Good player, but certainly not great. I'd say we need a replacement for him, whether that be an understudy or a player who we can rotate with him when he inevitably gets tired, Which he does.

4+ years, DB ? I don't see it mate.
louder
Forum Supporter

Postby doritobrother » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:38 am

louder wrote:
radford149 wrote:
doritobrother wrote:

spot on rolf.

As well as the idea that he's a leader, I simply have to take issue with the point being made about him being our best passer of the ball. The guy plays in a position where he drops into space and is, more often than not, allowed to collect the ball unchallenged, allowing him time to play a simple pass. When the opposition have pressed him in this area he has gone missing. Good player, but certainly not great. I'd say we need a replacement for him, whether that be an understudy or a player who we can rotate with him when he inevitably gets tired, Which he does.

To clarify when I said best I mean highest successful pass rate, and I think he is also top number of passes. He rarely gives the ball away under pressure or not.
doritobrother
Forum Supporter

Postby louder » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:46 pm

doritobrother wrote:
louder wrote:
radford149 wrote:
doritobrother wrote:

spot on rolf.

To clarify when I said best I mean highest successful pass rate, and I think he is also top number of passes. He rarely gives the ball away under pressure or not.

I'm wondering if Radders will like the 'highest successful pass rate' STAT as much as he likes the 'assist' STAT ? :D
louder
Forum Supporter

Arteta..

Postby Johnno-bh » Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:44 pm

need a replacement for him agree with this bit, the lack of cover in his department is a worry. but arteta is quality, would be happy to see him with the armband.
Johnno-bh

Arteta..

Postby louder » Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:55 pm

radford149 wrote:
louder wrote:
radford149 wrote:

1. great player

your lack of football knowledge is plastered all over the above post. you ain't got a danny

Mikel was, once again, very uninfluential during the Villa match.
louder
Forum Supporter

Arteta..

Postby doritobrother » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:50 am

louder wrote:
radford149 wrote:
louder wrote:
radford149 wrote:

1. great player

Mikel was, once again, very uninfluential during the Villa match.

Agree, but so was most of the team.
doritobrother
Forum Supporter

Arteta..

Postby louder » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:52 pm

Hate to say it as he's our player, but the more I see of him the more I think he's out of his depth at Arsenal. He ain't gonna get no better - Too static. Too orthadox. Too unimaginative. And too late in his career from what I'm seeing.
louder
Forum Supporter

Postby citizenerased » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:08 pm

citizenerased wrote:he was completely and utterly taken out of both the chelsea and united games by the opposition sitting a player right on top of him. oscar and rooney both hassled and bothered him and rendered him ineffective. i found this quite worrying as we then had no link between the defence and midfield.

naturally wenger did f**k all to remedy this. he could easily have asked one of his other central midfielders to drop back and form a double pivot, but that would require a tweak to the tactical set up. heaven forbid.

add fellaini to that ever growing list of players who crowded him out of the game. worrying.
citizenerased

Postby 16ewasko » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:43 pm

The blokes far too good to be playing in the position he is, but this is Wenger trying to be clever and use him as a defensive midfielder instead of going and buying a proper one.

He keeps the ball moving, rarely wastes a pass but is wasted playing deep where he is now.

Get someone in to protect him and let him make more influential passes further up the pitch and chip in with some important goals to like he did last season.
16ewasko

Arteta..

Postby louder » Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:47 pm

Was absolute pony yesterday. Gave us bugger all.

Also, I'm still quite impressed with my OP !
louder
Forum Supporter

Arteta..

Postby chunky_monkey » Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:38 pm

louder wrote:Was absolute pony yesterday. Gave us bugger all.

Also, I'm still quite impressed with my OP !

please go away :yawn2:
chunky_monkey
Forum Supporter

Arteta..

Postby louder » Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:49 pm

Absolutely still not convinced after last night. A couple of good tackles (That he should've won anyway) put in but far too pedestrian with his movement and passing -Mr sideways (I won't go so low as to call him Vinny). He lacks the drive and leadership of Flamini. Like I said last season, he's a worthy player from the bench.
louder
Forum Supporter

Next

Return to Player Reviews