Dan Crowley

Put all your player reviews from each match here

Dan Crowley

Postby Rainham Red » Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:41 pm

I have heard some talk about 16 year old Crowley whom we pinched from Villa last year.People are comparing him to Jack Wilshere although the kid is more direct and scores goals.I wonder if anyone on here has seen him play and if so let us know what you think?
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter

Dan Crowley

Postby ForeverRed » Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:07 pm

I've heard he's a great talent also. Maybe Veg has her scout reports to hand.. ? :D
COYG*WIGGY OUT*FOYS
ForeverRed
Forum Supporter

Re: Dan Crowley

Postby Red Snapper » Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:13 pm

Have a look at the highlights of the Peterborough game on .com. He looks outstanding given that these highlights are from one game, not a "show reel".
AFCINMYDNA

"Tottenham fans are idiots"---Roy Keane 4th January 2014
Red Snapper
Forum Supporter

Postby I Believe Overall » Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:57 am

Red Snapper wrote:Have a look at the highlights of the Peterborough game on .com. He looks outstanding given that these highlights are from one game, not a "show reel".

Thanks for that - he looks an excellent young player. A home grown player who has balance, can pass, score, create space... I can see why he'd want to join Arsenal. We are seeing a lot more technically good players coming through the ranks across the country these days - maybe the FA approach to coaching is starting to work.

We need more smaller players in English football.
me neither
I Believe Overall
Forum Supporter

Postby louder » Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:34 pm

I Believe Overall wrote:
Red Snapper wrote:Have a look at the highlights of the Peterborough game on .com. He looks outstanding given that these highlights are from one game, not a "show reel".

Thanks for that - he looks an excellent young player. A home grown player who has balance, can pass, score, create space... I can see why he'd want to join Arsenal. We are seeing a lot more technically good players coming through the ranks across the country these days - maybe the FA approach to coaching is starting to work.

I wouldn't give the F.A. any credit for developing youth just yet. Waaaaay too early.
"Arsene is a perfect fit for Arsenal. This is the classiest club out there" - Graeme Souness.
louder
Forum Supporter

Postby I Believe Overall » Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:09 pm

louder wrote:
I Believe Overall wrote:

I wouldn't give the F.A. any credit for developing youth just yet. Waaaaay too early.

Why too early? The FA plan has been in place for about 4 years IIRC and would impact teenagers playing today. It will be another 5 years before we see full evidence of top players coming through following a complete cycle of youth football. Its been amended a bit this year but only tinkering.
me neither
I Believe Overall
Forum Supporter

Postby louder » Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:00 pm

I Believe Overall wrote:
louder wrote:
I Believe Overall wrote:

Why too early? The FA plan has been in place for about 4 years IIRC and would impact teenagers playing today. It will be another 5 years before we see full evidence of top players coming through following a complete cycle of youth football. Its been amended a bit this year but only tinkering.

4 years ? Nothing changed round our way fours years ago. And giving the F.A. credit for youth development makes me queezy.
"Arsene is a perfect fit for Arsenal. This is the classiest club out there" - Graeme Souness.
louder
Forum Supporter

Dan Crowley

Postby Gunner Girl » Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:33 pm

He`s been getting great review`s for his performance against Peterborough on Thursday,he seems like quite the talent.
You are my Arsenal my only Arsenal you make me happy when skies are grey you`ll never know dear how much I love you please don`t take my Arsenal away.
Gunner Girl
Forum Supporter

Postby Northern Gooner » Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:54 pm

Looking like a great player. His passing looks really impressive.
Northern Gooner

Postby I Believe Overall » Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:45 pm

louder wrote:
I Believe Overall wrote:
louder wrote:
I Believe Overall wrote:

4 years ? Nothing changed round our way fours years ago. And giving the F.A. credit for youth development makes me queezy.

Have any if the coaches around your way followed any of the recent FA programmes?

Nothing much changes until people decide to try new things or contribute to the change.
me neither
I Believe Overall
Forum Supporter

Postby louder » Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:17 pm

I Believe Overall wrote:
louder wrote:
I Believe Overall wrote:
louder wrote:
I Believe Overall wrote:

Have any if the coaches around your way followed any of the recent FA programmes?
Nothing much changes until people decide to try new things or contribute to the change.

I think it was the beggining of last season that the changes were brought in. Certainly not four years ago though. And even then the absolute Tools that are allowed to run a kids football team goes a long way to cancelling out any ideal philosophy that is being introduced. Middle-aged, overweight, has beens (that actually never were) who claim to have played a "decent standard of football" that no one else ever remembers them playing and really counts for very little anyway (Alarm bells should ring when the Manager of a kids side feels the need to brag/fabricate about himself in front of his lads) as some of the best coaches (And this is what these people should be, not Managers) in the world weren't much cop either.

Kids' clubs in this country should feel it's their responsibility to vet the morons who run the teams. They don't, and it's not good for the younsters.
louder
Forum Supporter

Dan Crowley

Postby Swede » Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:48 pm

He looks amazing. Really impressed.

Hope he keeps his head.
Swede

Postby I Believe Overall » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:04 am

louder wrote:
I Believe Overall wrote:
louder wrote:
I Believe Overall wrote:
louder wrote:
I Believe Overall wrote:[quote="Red Snapper"]Have a look at the highlights of the Peterborough game on .com. He looks outstanding given that these highlights are from one game, not a "show reel".

I think it was the beggining of last season that the changes were brought in. Certainly not four years ago though. And even then the absolute Tools that are allowed to run a kids football team goes a long way to cancelling out any ideal philosophy that is being introduced. Middle-aged, overweight, has beens (that actually never were) who claim to have played a "decent standard of football" that no one else ever remembers them playing and really counts for very little anyway (Alarm bells should ring when the Manager of a kids side feels the need to brag/fabricate about himself in front of his lads) as some of the best coaches (And this is what these people should be, not Managers) in the world weren't much cop either.

Kids' clubs in this country should feel it's their responsibility to vet the morons who run the teams. They don't, and it's not good for the younsters.[/quote]

The problem you've encountered can be solved with mandatory training and development (it is mandatory for a Charter standard club and there are real benefits to getting that standard). The bigger problem I've noticed is a lack of overweight never have beens or anyone else taking up the role to organise or coach a team along with lack of facilities to carry it out in our wet winters.

Some of the best coaches I've encountered haven't played at a very high level - it's not really that important and in many ways from what I've seen it's detrimental because they usually have too many ground in ways that they've been taught which go against the new ways of coaching....including a set belief that you can only prove yourself through what you've achieved in the past.

Kids of any starting talent deserve a chance to play and be given encouragement to learn and improve - the pushy parents and coaches can get in the way of that as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
me neither
I Believe Overall
Forum Supporter

Postby Northern Gooner » Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:08 pm

Think we should work hard on getting him a loan deal he looks so promising and needs more than the under 21 league to improve.
Northern Gooner

Return to Player Reviews