Van Gaal

Talk about anything NOT related to Arsenal in the football world.

Van Gaal

Postby 8 years of fa » Mon May 23, 2016 11:10 am

Win the Fa cup and get sacked the next day. Mind you he is one boring slightly arrogant knobber. ( cough!!) Love the talk about Mourinho coming in, and being a winner. Well he won sod all last season! Man u and a lot of clubs, are now ruthless when it comes to management. Pity our lot couldnt learn from that. They have had ample opportunities.
Your team, your failure, your resignation!
8 years of fa
Forum Supporter

Van Gaal

Postby louder » Tue May 24, 2016 8:40 am

I was just wondering what people think about Van Gaal's contract being cut short. Seems to me he was under the impression that he would have the period of his contract to work towards his end goal. I know they've not been great but they're definitely more stable since his arrival and he's introduced some good young players.
When someone says you have a certain amount of time to get to a given point but then they cut you short it shows them in a bad light. 'The United Way' really has gone out of the window and they've turned to a bloke who, when things aren't going his way, can bring instability to a club from top to bottom.

I wonder how the next three seasons will go...................
"Arsene is a perfect fit for Arsenal. This is the classiest club out there" - Graeme Souness.
louder
Forum Supporter

Re: Van Gaal

Postby I Believe Overall » Wed May 25, 2016 6:26 am

He's been treated very poorly. The club has lacked class in its managerial dealings for a few years now. However, I think the writing was on the wall for him when he said the expectations were too high. They think they are the biggest club in the world (they aren't) and should be fighting for the league each season (their history says otherwise). Maureen might bring some short-term gains - but Manu have had 3 successful managers in their history and all of them played the long game.

I actually thought that Manu needed LVG - they had no concept of retention of the ball until he came along and I think he had to coach basics into them to get that. It translated into 'boring' football at first but it was absolutely necessary on the road to a more 'total football'. Their shape, their defensive strategy, their ability to close out games using less energy were all improved massively this year. In the face of a massive injury crisis he brought on young kids who thrived in the new system. I think given another year he'd of made some serious dents in the league.

Maureen might now take advantage of that hard work and instill a massive short-term belief - they might even win the league in a couple of years - but more likely it will all be about Maureen and it will implode because of it before his contract is up.
me neither
I Believe Overall
Forum Supporter

Re: Van Gaal

Postby Northern Gooner » Sat May 28, 2016 3:54 pm

Shocking the way they have treated him and the way Maureen has been cutting his grass, no way to respect another manager.
Northern Gooner

Return to Football From Around The World