For or Against

For
34%
Against
66%

Total votes : 58

Re: Arsene Wenger - For or Against

Postby potter » Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:14 pm

set it up again and get another vote , apart from the number voting will probably be less the change in percentages could be interesting.
"Never be deceived that the rich will permit you to vote away their wealth."

It would be foolish to think otherwise
potter
Forum Supporter

Postby NickF » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:15 pm

potter wrote:set it up again and get another vote , apart from the number voting will probably be less the change in percentages could be interesting.

When the poll was originally setup most still backed him but nowadays can there really be anyone that still backs him? Sentiment can only go so far, he really is dragging us down now.
NickF
Forum Supporter

Arsene Wenger - For or Against

Postby 595 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:18 pm

He loves a little tease , todays ‘ I could go in the summer ‘ if we get humiliated by the 4 by 2 on the 18th & he fails to fall on his sword they should dismiss him

Postby potter » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:10 pm

On one hand he confesses that his reticence to state his situation last year affected the team .Now he threatens to leave if we lose the NLD. He really does believe it's all about him.

potter
Forum Supporter

Postby 595 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:10 pm

So we stumble to yet another humiliation & still no sign of him being sacked or doing the decent thing , his arrogance appears to know no bounds.

Postby louder » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:13 pm

I reckon it's gotta be close to 99% against atm.
"Arsene is a perfect fit for Arsenal. This is the classiest club out there" - Graeme Souness.
louder
Forum Supporter

Postby gunnerrob » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:30 am

Have had to take a few months off football looking after my dear wife who has not had the best of luck with her health. Hopefully, we are over the worst!

I had hoped that the arrival of 2018 would also see a change in fortune of Arsenal. Now with time to watch the team the performances so far leave me in despair.

The standard of football has gradually deteriorated with us - the Fans - having our opinions ignored; paying top price for poor consistency of play; and a stubborn football management that is clearly out of touch with the modern game.

We have witnessed many lows in the past decade but being dumped out of the FA Cup on Sunday was, I thought, the final straw. But, here we are a week later witnessing another poor performance at Bournemouth. These are both defeats indicative of the contempt that the Club has for its loyal followers and a clear sign of blatant lack of ambition and care. I cannot believe that Wenger is so stupid that he risks throwing away all the great years to only be remembered as the manager that ruined the Club.

I only hope that we may see a change of management and fresh, modern ideas that will come soon enough to halt the decline. To reach this stage of the season without hitting the 40 points mark is shameful; to fail in the FACup against a lower league side is disgraceful; to see the prospect of European football become a thing of the past; and watch this great Club hurtling into mid table oblivion is unforgivable. I could go on about the resurgent Spurs; the abysmal approach to transfers and contracts; and defensive tactics that border on comedy.

Where does the blame lie for this sorry state of affairs ? Board Members, Club Management and Arsenal Wenger look in the mirror!

For me, I have enough despondency in my life at present without taking on board the plight of Arsenal. After 65 years I am not going to give up my love for the Club but I am not going to spend another penny or go to another match until the Club has a clear out with a Board and team management that is ambitious; looking for success: and has a team built to bring back the good times.
gunnerrob

Postby Rainham Red » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:40 pm

Great post Rob. I was AW`s greatest fan as he gave me the best ten years of my Arsenal life but enough is enough so he should bow out at the end of the season although I`m pretty sure he will stick it out until the end of next season. However, AW is not the only problem the other problem is Stan Kroenke he is just happy for us to coast along as long as our shares remain high. Unfortunately it is impossible to get him out of the Club while he is the majority shareholder.
Sorry to hear of your problems I hope things are getting better now.
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter

Postby potter » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:27 am

We discussed all of this at the stadium some time ago and as you know I was not happy with the Kroenke situation then and that Hobart and myself were split on Wenger's future. I foresaw the onset of tippy tappy and wanted a more direct style my problem with him has always been about football. His legacy in the club was secure until he overstayed his welcome which he has done .

Just for fun I have just had a look back to the Old gits page , hope that they have all gone because they got bored.

potter
Forum Supporter

Postby louder » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:44 pm

I think we've done OK to bring in Mik. It'd be noice to see P-E-A come in this month too. I know this ain't a popular opinion but I really like that Iwobi is being given plenty of game time. I really like the lad as a player.

Just can't help but feel the Manager's hand is being forced into these situations rather than him being pro-active with the improvements. Maybe he's just really patient and playing a cute game though. Who knows.
"Arsene is a perfect fit for Arsenal. This is the classiest club out there" - Graeme Souness.
louder
Forum Supporter

Postby 595 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:29 pm

The fact that they now expect to beat us more often than not is another damning indictment of how far we have fallen under Wenger

Postby gunnerrob » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:53 am

The use od anti-depressants is very much in the news! It would be interesting to see how many regular takers support Arsenal. We certainly need something to stop us falling into the depths of despair.

Another abysmal performance last night and, still Wenger fails to take ownership for the mess this Club has got into! He consistently blames our defence for being poor, complacent or any chosen reason but never ever takes the blame for delivering a squad that is useless in defending; not capable of holding their own against any team; and, worst of all, have no passion or commitment for the Club.

We have had a decade+ of promises since we moved to the Emirates - all unfulfilled - and a string of failures that any other manager would have been sacked in year 1 for. One thing for sure - Wenger will never leave Arsenal on a high - he has allowed all his hard, successful work of the early years to disintegrate. Sadly, he only has himself to blame.
gunnerrob

Postby 595 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:59 pm

Record defeat for us in a cup final , I’ve not seen it but someone said that he claimed we were a little unlucky in the second half , clearly he is shot away & needs putting out of his misery , time for Kroenke Jnr to step up to the plate.

Postby ROCK GOONER » Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:30 pm

595 wrote:Record defeat for us in a cup final , I’ve not seen it but someone said that he claimed we were a little unlucky in the second half , clearly he is shot away & needs putting out of his misery , time for Kroenke Jnr to step up to the plate.
It was actually embarrassing. He also insists that their second goal was offside

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk
ROCK GOONER

Postby louder » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:45 am

I think we should go for Rafa next.
louder
Forum Supporter

Postby Rainham Red » Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:12 am

louder wrote:I think we should go for Rafa next.

He is a great tennis player but I`m not sure if would make a good football manager
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter

Previous

Return to Arsenal Chat