WengerOUT - whoIN?

Discuss all things Arsenal

Re: WengerOUT - whoIN?

Postby NickF » Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:50 pm

louder wrote:Wenger was very composed in the post-match conference. It is impressive.

If only we got league points for it. :roll:
NickF
Forum Supporter

Postby louder » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:16 am

NickF wrote:
louder wrote:Wenger was very composed in the post-match conference. It is impressive.

If only we got league points for it. :roll:

Would be nice, but as we don't then the next best thing is for the Manager in situ to be calm and measured. You don't necessarily get points for sacking a Manager either. I'm not saying he shouldn't go. All I'm saying is that a bit of careful assessment is required before a solid call is made.
"Arsene is a perfect fit for Arsenal. This is the classiest club out there" - Graeme Souness.
louder
Forum Supporter

Postby ArsenalMill » Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:59 pm

My grandmother could do a better job than Wenger at the moment.

He is a man out of ideas, out of tactics and out of touch, he won't let the better qualified staff at the club do anything and prefers to have yes men like Steve Bould on the bench next to him rather than someone who will challenge players and the manager when the defence plans go wrong.

The problem is deeper than Wenger's lack of ideas now, he has TOO MUCH CONTROL at the club so he is chocking it to death from all angles. I would happily take Eddie Howe atm, he has totally outperformed expectation with that Bournemouth team and you can see how much he won't accept a poor performance, he doesn't make excuses for the performances either but yet he have less than 1/4 of what Wenger has to spend.
ArsenalMill

WengerOUT - whoIN?

Postby FOYS » Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:13 pm

Rainham Red wrote:There is talk of Brendan Rogers coming that would finish me off altogether

I'd take Ted or Ginger at this moment in time ;)
What did she wear......
She wore,she wore,she wore a yellow ribbon......

Keep St George in my heart keep me English......
FOYS

Postby FOYS » Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:18 pm

Wtf was he on about in his after match press conference ? Trousers, shirt and being naked.... He's gone cuckoo.
What did she wear......
She wore,she wore,she wore a yellow ribbon......

Keep St George in my heart keep me English......
FOYS

Postby Rainham Red » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:52 pm

FOYS wrote:Wtf was he on about in his after match press conference ? Trousers, shirt and being naked.... He's gone cuckoo.

Diverting criticism?
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter

Postby Red Snapper » Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:38 pm

Rainham Red wrote:
FOYS wrote:Wtf was he on about in his after match press conference ? Trousers, shirt and being naked.... He's gone cuckoo.

Diverting criticism?

Divesting criticism possibly.
AFCINMYDNA

"Tottenham fans are idiots"---Roy Keane 4th January 2014
Red Snapper
Forum Supporter

WengerOUT - whoIN?

Postby 8 years of fa » Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:43 am

Must be going go the same shrink as Cantona.
Your team, your failure, your resignation!
8 years of fa
Forum Supporter

Postby gunnerrob » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:43 pm

The Arsenal Supporters Trust voted overwhelmingly for the Club to sack Wenger.
Not enough support to organise the trip to Milan and tour company pulls out.
Emirates half full and come early summer subscriptions / season tickets facing huge slump.
Corbyn pledges his full support for Wenger and gives a shirt to a Euro council chief
Fans continue to be treated like mugs and asked to believe his ramblings and paying top cash for being there to watch.

How many more reasons before the penny drops and this shambles of a Board take action. I no longer care whether he goes with dignity now! He deserves the same dignity that the Club have for us
gunnerrob

Postby ROCK GOONER » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:46 pm

louder wrote:
ROCK GOONER wrote:
louder wrote:Wenger cannot be allowed to leave without there being a worthy candidate to replace him.
Worthy candidate? Wenger is clueless, anybody, and I mean anybody, is better than him right now. I said this before and I'll say it again, wenger is very capable of making messi look mediocre. Get him out

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Anybody ? That's crazy talk, and precisely the mentality we don't need at this time while considering the direction The Club are looking to go in. With suggestions like that things can only go from bad to worse.

Wenger was very composed in the post-match conference. It is impressive.
What has his post match conference git to do with it? I can't believe you think that what he says after matches is anything but bollix. The man is a joke in front of the microphone and cameras

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk
ROCK GOONER

Postby louder » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:57 am

ROCK GOONER wrote:
louder wrote:
ROCK GOONER wrote:
louder wrote:Wenger cannot be allowed to leave without there being a worthy candidate to replace him.
Worthy candidate? Wenger is clueless, anybody, and I mean anybody, is better than him right now. I said this before and I'll say it again, wenger is very capable of making messi look mediocre. Get him out

Anybody ? That's crazy talk, and precisely the mentality we don't need at this time while considering the direction The Club are looking to go in. With suggestions like that things can only go from bad to worse.

Wenger was very composed in the post-match conference. It is impressive.

What has his post match conference git to do with it? I can't believe you think that what he says after matches is anything but bollix. The man is a joke in front of the microphone and cameras

It's not 'what' he says' specifically, it's the way he says it. I think we'd all agree that it's better to have a calm individual in charge during a very difficult time for the team. The team are more likely to regain their form in this environment. Wenger seemed calm and calculated. That's all I'm saying.

That's not to say that some of the players aren't substandard and the structured approach to games is non-existent. Saying this, I'm not sure that heavy structure is path to guaranteed success either. It's more individual errors, in both attack and defence, that is costing us. Maybe that IS a confidence issue ! In which case, Wenger's demeanour could be key. I've gone full circle.
"Arsene is a perfect fit for Arsenal. This is the classiest club out there" - Graeme Souness.
louder
Forum Supporter

Previous

Return to Arsenal Chat