England

Discuss all things Arsenal

England

Postby Hobart » Wed May 16, 2018 5:26 pm

It shows how far we’ve fallen when our only member of a bang average World Cup squad is Welbeck.
There's none so blind as those who will not see.

Do not argue with an idiot they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Hobart
Forum Supporter

England

Postby Rainham Red » Thu May 17, 2018 8:12 am

Hobart wrote:It shows how far we’ve fallen when our only member of a bang average World Cup squad is Welbeck.

That`s because of our squad of 23 players only five are English: Holding, Chambers, Wilshere Maitland-Niles and Welbeck. Holding and Maitland-Niles aren`t ready, Chambers never will be ready, Wilshere was ready but is no longer ready.
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter

Re: England

Postby louder » Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:27 pm

God they're shit ! That Squad will need the biggest slice of luck fed to it since the luckiest thing happened to the luckiest person ever. if you get my meaning. We ain't winning Jack with such a shortage of ability in this country.
"Arsene is a perfect fit for Arsenal. This is the classiest club out there" - Graeme Souness.
louder
Forum Supporter

England

Postby ForeverRed » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:13 am

Looking from the outside in I thought they looked better last night.

Isn't it incredible how much better Rashford is when Moaninho isn't around? He was excellent last night.

Good luck for the World Cup folks :thumbs:
COYG*WIGGY OUT*FOYS
ForeverRed
Forum Supporter

England

Postby Rainham Red » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:47 am

ForeverRed wrote:Looking from the outside in I thought they looked better last night.

Isn't it incredible how much better Rashford is when Moaninho isn't around? He was excellent last night.

Good luck for the World Cup folks :thumbs:

You are quite right in what you say about Rashford. He should leave United and go to a Club whose Manager appreciates him. I would love him at Arsenal
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter

Postby Red Snapper » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:00 pm

All that talk of a new golden generation with pace, talent to burn and incredible camaraderie and they still fall over the ball, pass sideways and make very average opponents look good. It was like watching Arsenal for the last few years!. If anyone had bothered to mark Kane it would have been a loss rather than a scratched out win. Same old same old it seems. At least they'll probably get out of the group this time.
AFCINMYDNA

"Tottenham fans are idiots"---Roy Keane 4th January 2014
Red Snapper
Forum Supporter

Postby Rainham Red » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:57 am

Red Snapper wrote:All that talk of a new golden generation with pace, talent to burn and incredible camaraderie and they still fall over the ball, pass sideways and make very average opponents look good. It was like watching Arsenal for the last few years!. If anyone had bothered to mark Kane it would have been a loss rather than a scratched out win. Same old same old it seems. At least they'll probably get out of the group this time.

Have to agree with you snappy. I thought we looked okay first half but second half we were really poor and as for Jessie Lingard words fail me.
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter

Postby louder » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:16 am

Didn't they do well !
"Arsene is a perfect fit for Arsenal. This is the classiest club out there" - Graeme Souness.
louder
Forum Supporter

Postby Red Snapper » Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:16 pm

Anything but a victory would have been extremely embarrassing. That lot were no better than San Marino so yes it was a good win but it didn't mean we are world beaters the way some of the media are making out. A sterner test will be against Belgium but both teams will probably now rest players and it could even be advantageous to lose. Let's get excited but not until we're through the last sixteen.
AFCINMYDNA

Red Snapper
Forum Supporter

Postby louder » Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:51 pm

Red Snapper wrote:Anything but a victory would have been extremely embarrassing. That lot were no better than San Marino so yes it was a good win but it didn't mean we are world beaters the way some of the media are making out. A sterner test will be against Belgium but both teams will probably now rest players and it could even be advantageous to lose. Let's get excited but not until we're through the last sixteen.

I'll get excited IF we make the semi final. Until then, the decent performances and unusual convince g win will be pleasantly welcome.

The media are goin a bit nuts though.
louder
Forum Supporter

Postby potter » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:35 am

Keep quiet and carry on
"Never be deceived that the rich will permit you to vote away their wealth."

It would be foolish to think otherwise
potter
Forum Supporter

Postby louder » Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:57 pm

potter wrote:Keep quiet and carry on

If it's quiet you want, then this forum is the right place.
louder
Forum Supporter

England

Postby potter » Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:53 pm

I wonder how Welbeck feels lastt resort for club and country.
"Never be deceived that the rich will permit you to vote away their wealth."

It would be foolish to think otherwise
potter
Forum Supporter

England

Postby Rainham Red » Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:59 am

potter wrote:I wonder how Welbeck feels lastt resort for club and country.

£70k a week salary will help him get over his disappointment.
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter

England

Postby Rainham Red » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:22 am

Good luck today boys

https://youtu.be/vaD5n6rnc-4
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter

England

Postby Rainham Red » Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:38 am

What a great night! Our boys gave everything and deserved to go through. Now for Sweden on Saturday.
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter

Postby I Believe Overall » Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:06 pm

You only have to look back to the previous 6 Euro or World Cup campaigns to see how hard it is to get an England team to play well and get results under pressure. Gareth Southgate is a very clever chap - he has combined a decent vision, ruthlessness in getting rid of deadwood and created a team spirit that is getting some (not really world class) talent to play an OK brand of football. We have surpassed expectations already and everything we get from here is a bonus really. However, from this position, if we can't make the Semi-final and give Russian or Croatia a good game then it will feel like a chance wasted.

Hopefully we'll get back to the aggressive, dynamic forward passing that the world's media (and frankly everyone in England) has been surprised by and send those over achieving Swedes home with a good beating.
me neither
I Believe Overall
Forum Supporter

Postby Red Snapper » Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:51 pm

I'm starting to get excited but not carried away like some in the media. So far we've looked very good for the first twenty minutes against Tunisia (average for the next seventy), overwhelmed Panama which any other team at the world cup would expect to do, lacking in ideas against Belgium and now, lets be honest, scraping past a Columbia side who might have done better if they played the whole game as they did the last fifteen minutes. Nice to finally win a penalty shootout, things are looking up. Sweden won't be a pushover.
AFCINMYDNA

Red Snapper
Forum Supporter

Postby Red Snapper » Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:50 pm

Now I'm excited!!
AFCINMYDNA

Red Snapper
Forum Supporter

England

Postby Rainham Red » Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:41 pm

Footballs coming home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter

Next

Return to Arsenal Chat