Cazorla

Put all your player reviews from each match here

Re: Cazorla

Postby Northern Gooner » Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:54 pm

Don't think been on the wing suits him he offered even less today and during the small amount of time he drifted into the middle he set up Theo's goal. Still think he needs a break not as much energy comign from him at the minute.
Northern Gooner

Postby chunky_monkey » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:42 pm

shit again today, he will become the next Arshavin, just like Giroud will become the next Chamakh..
chunky_monkey
Forum Supporter

Cazorla

Postby radford149 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:22 pm

very average yesterday
radford149

Cazorla

Postby I Believe Overall » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:26 pm

His form has dipped but his quality is good. Reckon he'll come good bout the same time as the daffs come out.

If he needs a break - give him one but I'd prefer it to be that long summer they all look forward to May to July.
me neither
I Believe Overall
Forum Supporter

Cazorla

Postby louder » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:56 pm

Lovely little backheel last night. Great player who never hides :flag:
"Arsene is a perfect fit for Arsenal. This is the classiest club out there" - Graeme Souness.
louder
Forum Supporter

Postby Northern Gooner » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:05 pm

A couple of good goals, he's been playing better lately and good to see him scoring again we need that.
Northern Gooner

Cazorla

Postby doritobrother » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:02 am

Tim Stillman noticed that the last few goals he's kept his shot low and in the bottom corner, rather than the scoops he was doing earlier in the season.
“I am going to make this the greatest club in the world.” Herbert Chapman, 1925
doritobrother
Forum Supporter

Postby Northern Gooner » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:54 pm

Seemed to going missing again today, can't decide if it was because he was stuck on the left and can't take control of the game aswell of if he is the new Hleb and doesn't turn up for the big games! Thoughts?
Northern Gooner

Postby doritobrother » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:02 am

I'm convinced by him playing wide left, he drifts far too much. Would rather have Podolski there.
doritobrother
Forum Supporter

Cazorla

Postby louder » Tue May 07, 2013 6:06 pm

I love this guy. He is our gem. He needs more support though, imo.
"Arsene is a perfect fit for Arsenal. This is the classiest club out there" - Graeme Souness.
louder
Forum Supporter

Cazorla

Postby doritobrother » Wed May 08, 2013 1:51 am

louder wrote:I love this guy. He is our gem. He needs more support though, imo.

http://1nildown2oneup.net/oh-santi-cazo ... m-back-in/

Thoughts?
doritobrother
Forum Supporter

Cazorla

Postby louder » Wed May 08, 2013 9:21 am

doritobrother wrote:
louder wrote:I love this guy. He is our gem. He needs more support though, imo.

http://1nildown2oneup.net/oh-santi-cazo ... m-back-in/
Thoughts?

Christ, that's bloke's got a lot to say !! Part I agree with (Santi isn 't a left winger - but then we all know that) and part I disagree with (That the left sided player of a 4-3-3 has to become the second striker whe the ball is out on the right - Asking him to play as a winger AND cover the left-back AND play up front - Sitting on the edge of the box whilst either Ramsay or Rosicky pushes forward is a fair option).

It all looks a bit patched-up at the moment, but if we buy another central striker in the summer then Pod' (I'd sell him personally) or Ox or a.n.other can stay out wide and Santi can play centrally. :shrug:
louder
Forum Supporter

Postby Northern Gooner » Tue May 14, 2013 9:45 pm

4 assists from the wing although he seemed to be drifting about a lot today, great performance.
Northern Gooner

Postby doritobrother » Thu May 16, 2013 3:03 am

Northern Gooner wrote:4 assists from the wing although he seemed to be drifting about a lot today, great performance.

He did, but he also wasn't afraid to stay out wide either and stretch Wigan. Had a fantastic game. There are moments when he manages to dribble out of such tight situations that make my jaw drop.
doritobrother
Forum Supporter

Postby STG » Thu May 23, 2013 8:56 pm

Stuart Robson classic on talk sport, Cazorla is 'decent' but 'not good enough defensively.' So an attacking player makes 71 takles in his first season in the PL and some 2 bit know it all ex player thinks he has the right to question and put him down with a comment like that!!!!!
STG
Statto

Postby doritobrother » Fri May 24, 2013 2:52 am

STG wrote:Stuart Robson classic on talk sport, Cazorla is 'decent' but 'not good enough defensively.' So an attacking player makes 71 takles in his first season in the PL and some 2 bit know it all ex player thinks he has the right to question and put him down with a comment like that!!!!!

Cazorla made twice as many tackles as Mata, Bale or Silva. Daft thing to say.
doritobrother
Forum Supporter

Postby radford149 » Fri May 24, 2013 5:25 am

STG wrote:Stuart Robson classic on talk sport, Cazorla is 'decent' but 'not good enough defensively.' So an attacking player makes 71 takles in his first season in the PL and some 2 bit know it all ex player thinks he has the right to question and put him down with a comment like that!!!!!

what part of the pitch were the tackles made? does 71 tackles make him a reasonable, good or great defensive player?
radford149

Postby STG » Fri May 24, 2013 6:28 am

radford149 wrote:

what part of the pitch were the tackles made? does 71 tackles make him a reasonable, good or great defensive player?

I know how you love a good stat-

during the Newcastle away game Cazorla made 5 successful tackles out of 5 attempted, 3 in his own half (one on the edge of the box) and two in Newcastles half.

Bale against Sunderland attempted 1 tackle and failed with it

Mata against Everton attempted 0 tackles

Nasri against Norwich attempted 2 successful 2 one on the edge of the Norwich box and the other out wide left in the Norwich half
STG
Statto

Postby doritobrother » Fri May 24, 2013 7:02 am

radford149 wrote:

Who cares. Stats are a load of crap.
doritobrother
Forum Supporter

Postby louder » Fri May 24, 2013 11:32 am

doritobrother wrote:
radford149 wrote:

Who cares. Stats are a load of crap.

Nice work !

Anyone criticising Santi for his lack of tackling clearly has a hidden (or not so well-hidden) agenda. Even if he didn't get stuck in, which he does, he is a technical footballer who tries to make thigs happen but also keeps busy and makes life difficult for the opposition in the midfield. A fine player.
louder
Forum Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to Player Reviews