Cazorla

Put all your player reviews from each match here

Cazorla

Postby seamoisalegend » Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:12 pm

PeanutEye wrote:

Mate, here's an olive branch for crying out loud. I wasn't talking to you like a mug, you started going mental because I stated it was fact :lol: and yes, I probably reeled you in because people going mental on an internet forum does tickle me I have to say.

FOYS was talking about me by the way not you.


I wasn't going mental because you stated it as a fact. All I asked was how can you claim it as fact?? It was you who started calling me a numpty or whatever it was you said just because I asked how can it be a fact.
User avatar
seamoisalegend
 
Posts: 1027
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:34 pm

Re: Cazorla

Postby ADJAFC - In Pod We Trust » Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:13 pm

I'm not sure the comparison actually works, they are completely different players. Cesc was superb at picking that final ball and getting forward when the time was right. Cazorla seems far happier working in a D shape around the edge of the box, working hard to win the ball back and keep the play moving. For all his qualities, its his hard work and tenacity that has impressed me most, especially given that he's 5'6.

I'd have Cesc but in a heartbeat, completely different player, its like comparing Wrighty and Henry.
User avatar
ADJAFC - In Pod We Trust
 
Posts: 599
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:39 pm

Cazorla

Postby PeanutEye » Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:17 pm

Gunnersaurus wrote:The real test for him comes in the next 2 weeks, if he can dominate those games then all those that are waxing lyrical about him now would be justified in doing so.

I got a feeling that he's gonna be one of those players who will turn it on against anyone and everyone like Silva did last year.


He better, because I'm going to be tarred and feathered if he doesn't :pray: :lol:
PeanutEye
 
Posts: 1410
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:49 pm

Cazorla

Postby doritobrother » Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:52 am

*TW* wrote:
Gunnersaurus wrote:Cazorla is better than Fabregas......Super Fact.

In all seriousness you can't pick out his stats from Spain and compare him to other players because he's played all over the midfield and it seems he has that in him which straight away makes him a better player.

The team had to be built around Fabregas for him to tick, it don't look like it does for Cazorla as he has several qualities not just vision.

When Wilshere comes back I hope Cazorla goes on the wing as he would get Giroud scoring with the quality of crossing he could do, its actually a mouth watering prospect of Arteta, Diaby and Wilshere with Podolski, Giroud and Cazorla upfront, I hope that is what Wenger is planning.


I think it would be a terrible shame to limit Cazorla to one wing, he seems to be great with both feet.


I agree with this, I think he's the kind of player you want receiving the ball as much as possible because he uses it so brilliantly.
“I am going to make this the greatest club in the world.” Herbert Chapman, 1925
User avatar
doritobrother
Forum Supporter
 
Posts: 5749
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:17 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Cazorla

Postby radford149 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:49 am

cesc was a fantastic player player for us and continues to show his class when given the chance. cazorla is a great player and has shown us what he can do. there is no doubt that he will continue to show what a great player he is.


as for the unfunky gibbon and his side kick the clown lover. what did you expect? both true to form
radford149
 
Posts: 9599
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:58 pm
Location: waiting for the first train, that's late again

Cazorla

Postby Topspin » Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:19 am

Johnno-bh wrote:this boy is top class, what we have been missing since cesc left. nice to finally get a replacement for him better late than never.
the link up play between him and podolski is pure quality. both out of the top draw.



I think he is the perfect answer to those who think Wenger's lost it. Pure class!
Topspin
 
Posts: 962
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:06 pm
Location: HELL

Re: Cazorla

Postby Topspin » Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:22 am

ADJAFC - In Pod We Trust wrote:I'm not sure the comparison actually works, they are completely different players. Cesc was superb at picking that final ball and getting forward when the time was right. Cazorla seems far happier working in a D shape around the edge of the box, working hard to win the ball back and keep the play moving. For all his qualities, its his hard work and tenacity that has impressed me most, especially given that he's 5'6.

I'd have Cesc but in a heartbeat, completely different player, its like comparing Wrighty and Henry.



Not THAT much different to be honest. Subtle differences but I do think Cazorla is more complete. In Arsene We Trust!
Topspin
 
Posts: 962
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:06 pm
Location: HELL

Cazorla

Postby radford149 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:32 am

Topspin wrote:
Johnno-bh wrote:this boy is top class, what we have been missing since cesc left. nice to finally get a replacement for him better late than never.
the link up play between him and podolski is pure quality. both out of the top draw.



I think he is the perfect answer to those who think Wenger's lost it. Pure class!


hold on even a blind man could see cazorla was class, it wasn't as if AW plucked him out of a league we had never heard of.
radford149
 
Posts: 9599
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:58 pm
Location: waiting for the first train, that's late again

Cazorla

Postby Topspin » Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:03 am

radford149 wrote:
Topspin wrote:
Johnno-bh wrote:this boy is top class, what we have been missing since cesc left. nice to finally get a replacement for him better late than never.
the link up play between him and podolski is pure quality. both out of the top draw.



I think he is the perfect answer to those who think Wenger's lost it. Pure class!


hold on even a blind man could see cazorla was class, it wasn't as if AW plucked him out of a league we had never heard of.



Yeah because Arsene has NEVER plucked an unknown player from obscurity and turned him into gold before has he? Makes me laugh at the snipers who's minds are already made up about Arsene who just wait in the wings to rubbish ANY positive just because, in their eyes, Arsene has given them a nice shiny pot for 7 years. I know...TRAGIC! No flucking respect!
Topspin
 
Posts: 962
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:06 pm
Location: HELL

Cazorla

Postby Topspin » Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:09 am

radford149 wrote:
Topspin wrote:
Johnno-bh wrote:this boy is top class, what we have been missing since cesc left. nice to finally get a replacement for him better late than never.
the link up play between him and podolski is pure quality. both out of the top draw.



I think he is the perfect answer to those who think Wenger's lost it. Pure class!


hold on even a blind man could see cazorla was class, it wasn't as if AW plucked him out of a league we had never heard of.[/quote

Its not about the LEAGUE nobody has heard of mate as there are only a few top top leagues around so it would have been almost impossible for us to NOT have heard of that league. Its about the PLAYER nobody has heard of mate, that's what Arsene does best, and has been doing since he arrived at Arsenal. Your comments just sound like someone with an agenda against him, quick and ready to discredit any positive he might be afforded. We'll soon get that nice shiny toy for you to enjoy with your mates down the pub. Pathetic!
Topspin
 
Posts: 962
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:06 pm
Location: HELL

Cazorla

Postby Gunnersaurus » Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:47 am

The really frustrating thing about Cazorla is that he chose Malaga last season instead of coming here, imagine what he could have been like with van Persie last year, saying that, we still would have been ropey at the back.
Gunnersaurus
Forum Supporter
 
Posts: 4579
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:58 pm

Cazorla

Postby radford149 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:05 pm

Topspin wrote:
radford149 wrote:
Topspin wrote:
Johnno-bh wrote:this boy is top class, what we have been missing since cesc left. nice to finally get a replacement for him better late than never.
the link up play between him and podolski is pure quality. both out of the top draw.



I think he is the perfect answer to those who think Wenger's lost it. Pure class!


hold on even a blind man could see cazorla was class, it wasn't as if AW plucked him out of a league we had never heard of.[/quote

Its not about the LEAGUE nobody has heard of mate as there are only a few top top leagues around so it would have been almost impossible for us to NOT have heard of that league. Its about the PLAYER nobody has heard of mate, that's what Arsene does best,and has been doing since he arrived at Arsenal. Your comments just sound like someone with an agenda against him, quick and ready to discredit any positive he might be afforded. We'll soon get that nice shiny toy for you to enjoy with your mates down the pub. Pathetic!


been awhile since the magic worked hasn't it?
radford149
 
Posts: 9599
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:58 pm
Location: waiting for the first train, that's late again

Re: Cazorla

Postby Midz » Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:46 pm

Be interesting to see Cazorla & Wilshire play together. Both can thread a pass through the eye of a needle & having 2 in midfield with that skill should make for an exciting watch.
User avatar
Midz
 
Posts: 1790
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:08 am
Location: Gabba Gabba Hey!!

Re: Cazorla

Postby 79Clockender » Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:03 pm

Yes as the manager Wenger deserves credit for signing Cazorla. But let's not go all IAWT tripe and Wenger crazy. There is one reason and one reason only why we signed him, Malaga were up the creek and we took advantage.
He cost under £12 million which is a bargin, but due to Malaga being desperate. Would he have gone for that much if they weren't skint ? Not a chance, add another £15 million+ to that fee, then would have Wenger been interested??

Thought not.
Remember who you are, what you are and who you represent - David Rocastle
User avatar
79Clockender
 
Posts: 1934
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:21 pm

Cazorla

Postby louder » Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:06 pm

radford149 wrote:
Topspin wrote:
radford149 wrote:
Topspin wrote:
Johnno-bh wrote:this boy is top class, what we have been missing since cesc left. nice to finally get a replacement for him better late than never.
the link up play between him and podolski is pure quality. both out of the top draw.

I think he is the perfect answer to those who think Wenger's lost it. Pure class!

hold on even a blind man could see cazorla was class, it wasn't as if AW plucked him out of a league we had never heard of.[/quote
Its not about the LEAGUE nobody has heard of mate as there are only a few top top leagues around so it would have been almost impossible for us to NOT have heard of that league. Its about the PLAYER nobody has heard of mate, that's what Arsene does best,and has been doing since he arrived at Arsenal. Your comments just sound like someone with an agenda against him, quick and ready to discredit any positive he might be afforded. We'll soon get that nice shiny toy for you to enjoy with your mates down the pub. Pathetic!

been awhile since the magic worked hasn't it?


That depends on the calibre of magician you're talking about. If you're expecting to see the equivalent of The statue of liberty disappearing, and then Paul daniels rocks up........you can only be unhappy.......until he does the 'You'll like this, not a lot'! Line, then we're all happy :D
"Arsene is a perfect fit for Arsenal. This is the classiest club out there" - Graeme Souness.
User avatar
louder
Forum Supporter
 
Posts: 10243
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:35 pm
Location: Arsenal Wenger !

Re: Cazorla

Postby 16ewasko » Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:58 pm

Been really impressed so far, wasn't at the game Saturday as I went to Lords to watch Hants v Warks in the CB40 final, but at Liverpool he didn't stop running from the word go.
16ewasko
 
Posts: 180
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:57 pm

Cazorla

Postby Topspin » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:52 am

radford149 wrote:
Topspin wrote:
radford149 wrote:
Topspin wrote:
Johnno-bh wrote:this boy is top class, what we have been missing since cesc left. nice to finally get a replacement for him better late than never.
the link up play between him and podolski is pure quality. both out of the top draw.



I think he is the perfect answer to those who think Wenger's lost it. Pure class!


hold on even a blind man could see cazorla was class, it wasn't as if AW plucked him out of a league we had never heard of.[/quote

Its not about the LEAGUE nobody has heard of mate as there are only a few top top leagues around so it would have been almost impossible for us to NOT have heard of that league. Its about the PLAYER nobody has heard of mate, that's what Arsene does best,and has been doing since he arrived at Arsenal. Your comments just sound like someone with an agenda against him, quick and ready to discredit any positive he might be afforded. We'll soon get that nice shiny toy for you to enjoy with your mates down the pub. Pathetic!


been awhile since the magic worked hasn't it?



That's like saying you only love your wife when her dinners are great. When she has off days you don't love her. Terrible!
Topspin
 
Posts: 962
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:06 pm
Location: HELL

Re: Cazorla

Postby Topspin » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:56 am

Midz wrote:Be interesting to see Cazorla & Wilshire play together. Both can thread a pass through the eye of a needle & having 2 in midfield with that skill should make for an exciting watch.



What IS it with some of you and this guy. He hasn't played for a year. Played only a few games anyway so why all this hype. Just do not understand. Give me Cazorla anyday over the Wilted one. Pure class! Wilshire has shown a few good neat touches in a few games but so has Chamberlain and Jenkinson. What is the infatuation? I hope when he returns I can see what all the fuss is about. Will HE be the difference between our success or failure?
Topspin
 
Posts: 962
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:06 pm
Location: HELL

Cazorla

Postby PeanutEye » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:58 am

Gunnersaurus wrote:The really frustrating thing about Cazorla is that he chose Malaga last season instead of coming here, imagine what he could have been like with van Persie last year, saying that, we still would have been ropey at the back.


To be fair to the lad, Going to Malaga for €20m or so priced him out of Arsenal so don't think that was a goer as '79 said, because of the situation at Malaga his price came down and that's when we made a definite push. No doubt we wanted him but you know what we are like, anything above a certain amount and it's a definite no no.
PeanutEye
 
Posts: 1410
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:49 pm

Cazorla

Postby radford149 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:30 pm

Topspin wrote:
radford149 wrote:Its not about the LEAGUE nobody has heard of mate as there are only a few top top leagues around so it would have been almost impossible for us to NOT have heard of that league. Its about the PLAYER nobody has heard of mate, that's what Arsene does best,and has been doing since he arrived at Arsenal. Your comments just sound like someone with an agenda against him, quick and ready to discredit any positive he might be afforded. We'll soon get that nice shiny toy for you to enjoy with your mates down the pub. Pathetic!


been awhile since the magic worked hasn't it?



That's like saying you only love your wife when her dinners are great. When she has off days you don't love her. Terrible![/quote]

to use your analogy AW dinners have been pony for years and he's fast becoming a crap shag.
radford149
 
Posts: 9599
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:58 pm
Location: waiting for the first train, that's late again

PreviousNext


Return to Player Reviews



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


cron