So that's that...

Discuss all things Arsenal

So that's that...

Postby Thynker » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:14 am

Hopefully the stadium will be packed until the end of the season to show our appreciation for Wenger's achievements

Exciting times ahead with a new man coming in....
Wenger out!!
Thynker
Forum Supporter

So that's that...

Postby FOYS » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:30 am

Party time at Huddersfield last game of the season :party: :party: :party:
What did she wear......
She wore,she wore,she wore a yellow ribbon......

Keep St George in my heart keep me English......
FOYS

So that's that...

Postby ArsenalMill » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:49 am

Let’s get behind the team, win the Europa league and he can leave with a European Title and the club back in the Champions League

Great manager but hampered by stubbornness and the worlds most useless board. Don’t even get me start on the yes man that is Steve Bould
ArsenalMill

So that's that...

Postby Rainham Red » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:11 am

It is the right time for AW to go but I will always honour him for giving me the best ten years of my football life. I have heard that Rogers of Celtic is in the frame for our new Manager I hope to God that this is not going to happen. He didn`t do it at Liverpool and if anyone on this forum managed Celtic they would also win the league every season.
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter

So that's that...

Postby Schizoid Mark » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:22 pm

Rogers is a totally unacceptable choice as manager as far as I'm concerned and I would certainly be extremely unhappy if he was appointed!!! I'd prefer Vieira or a Tuchel/Arteta pairing , Simeone or Allegri ...but NOT RODGERS!!
Sammy Nelson's Bottom
Schizoid Mark

So that's that...

Postby Tenbob » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:58 pm

Rainham Red wrote:It is the right time for AW to go but I will always honour him for giving me the best ten years of my football life. I have heard that Rogers of Celtic is in the frame for our new Manager I hope to God that this is not going to happen. He didn`t do it at Liverpool and if anyone on this forum managed Celtic they would also win the league every season.

It is the right time for AW to go but I will always honour him for giving me the best ten years of my football life.

Ditto RR.
“ Arsenal come streaming forward now in surely what will be their last attack. A good ball by Dixon, finding Smith, for Thomas, charging through the midfield. Thomas, it's up for grabs now! Thomas! ”
Tenbob
Forum Supporter

Re: So that's that...

Postby louder » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:44 pm

A sad day, but one that needed to come. I hope the stadium is full to capacity until the season's close and that we win the Europa Cup to send Wenger off in style.

I have a preference as to who I'd like to be appointed as Wenger's replacement, but I'm not going to go down the negative, yet unsurprising road of slating a hypothetical appointment that I disagree with. Whoever comes in should get the 100% backing of every Arsenal supporter until the results fall short.

I just hope the boo boys don't get their claws into the next one before he's been given a fair chance. HOPE.
"Arsene is a perfect fit for Arsenal. This is the classiest club out there" - Graeme Souness.
louder
Forum Supporter

So that's that...

Postby louder » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:46 pm

Schizoid Mark wrote:Rogers is a totally unacceptable choice as manager as far as I'm concerned and I would certainly be extremely unhappy if he was appointed!!! I'd prefer Vieira or a Tuchel/Arteta pairing , Simeone or Allegri ...but NOT RODGERS!!

Strange, given that Rogers has achieved far more than Vieirra AND Arteta combined.
"Arsene is a perfect fit for Arsenal. This is the classiest club out there" - Graeme Souness.
louder
Forum Supporter

So that's that...

Postby louder » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:47 pm

Rainham Red wrote:It is the right time for AW to go but I will always honour him for giving me the best ten years of my football life. I have heard that Rogers of Celtic is in the frame for our new Manager I hope to God that this is not going to happen. He didn`t do it at Liverpool and if anyone on this forum managed Celtic they would also win the league every season.

He very nearly did it at Liverpool. Nearer than anyone else did for that club in the past 20 odd years.
louder
Forum Supporter

So that's that...

Postby Gunnersaurus » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:04 pm

A sad day for sure, sad it had to come to this, should have gone a hero after Hull or even Chelsea but to sign this last contract was something that never should have happened.

Glad he's done it now and not the end of the season, everyone can come together now and get behind the team to win the Europa so the new man starts in the CL.

Wasn't going anymore this season but will be at the remaining games now, I've been leaving my seats empty, seems like that made the club listen in the end.

A great man who deserves the send off, sad that he soured so many of us towards him but now it's done, it's time to forget that and look to the future.

Hopefully some of his cultlike plebs leave with him.
Gunnersaurus
Forum Supporter

So that's that...

Postby Gunnersaurus » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:07 pm

Schizoid Mark wrote:Rogers is a totally unacceptable choice as manager as far as I'm concerned and I would certainly be extremely unhappy if he was appointed!!! I'd prefer Vieira or a Tuchel/Arteta pairing , Simeone or Allegri ...but NOT RODGERS!!

Relax, they would never do that, they have to get this right and will.

Allegri, Anchelotti, even Pv4, one of those will get it.

Would love Simeone but don't think the board could handle him, even Benitez could be decent (wouldn't have said that a few years ago) any change will be great, it's exciting.
Gunnersaurus
Forum Supporter

So that's that...

Postby Rainham Red » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:37 pm

louder wrote:

He very nearly did it at Liverpool. Nearer than anyone else did for that club in the past 20 odd years.

"nearly did" are the operative words louder old chap
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter

So that's that...

Postby louder » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:09 pm

Rainham Red wrote:
louder wrote:

"nearly did" are the operative words louder old chap

Fair enough. That rules a lot of managers out though.
louder
Forum Supporter

Postby gunnerrob » Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:08 pm

Our reward for knowing Wenger was that he not only revitalise this Club but football as a whole. His failing was his stubbornness and unexplainable reluctance to create a solid defence over recent years. We all have a responsibility to make his last few weeks memorable ones and when he leaves in May it is a blaze of glory.

What comes next is one of the great debates of the summer and I hope there is no influence from ‘Ivan the Terrible’. Interesting times ahead and I hope we don’t bottle it by going for a safe pair of hands,!

What is a must is that the back room staff as well as the squad members that have let us down so badly over recent times are shown the door. New manager with new ideas and fresh faces to support him and play for him are a must now! No sentiments - people only get retained (front and back of house) that can take the Club forward.

Finally, my view of Rogers - ask a Liverpool fan whether he prefers life under Klopp or Rogers. Any such appointment would be going for second best and that doesn’t move this Club forward.
gunnerrob

So that's that...

Postby Thynker » Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:01 pm

Id be happy with Ancelotti or Allegri
Wenger out!!
Thynker
Forum Supporter

So that's that...

Postby FOYS » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:54 pm

Thynker wrote:Id be happy with Ancelotti or Allegri

With PV4 as assistant manager.
What did she wear......

FOYS

Postby louder » Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:33 pm

Fans/supporters shouldn't be picking the Manager. Full stop.
louder
Forum Supporter

So that's that...

Postby Thynker » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:19 pm

FOYS wrote:

Why?
What are his managerial credentials?
Wenger out!!
Thynker
Forum Supporter

So that's that...

Postby FOYS » Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:11 pm

Thynker wrote:
FOYS wrote:

Why?
What are his managerial credentials?

Why? To be groomed to take over from Ancelotti.

Man City reserves and New York City. Everyone has to start somewhere.
What did she wear......

FOYS

Postby FOYS » Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:16 pm

louder wrote:Fans/supporters shouldn't be picking the Manager. Full stop.

Pretty sure people are giving their preferred candidates.
What did she wear......

FOYS

Next

Return to Arsenal Chat