So that's that...

Discuss all things Arsenal

Re: So that's that...

Postby louder » Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:10 pm

FOYS wrote:
louder wrote:Fans/supporters shouldn't be picking the Manager. Full stop.

Pretty sure people are giving their preferred candidates.

And I'm pretty sure that it's not as innocent as that. A number of people are already prematurely outraged at the mention of Rogers. This is what I'm referring to. Ive no problem with anyone naming a preference.
"Arsene is a perfect fit for Arsenal. This is the classiest club out there" - Graeme Souness.
louder
Forum Supporter

Postby Rainham Red » Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:38 pm

louder wrote:
FOYS wrote:

And I'm pretty sure that it's not as innocent as that. A number of people are already prematurely outraged at the mention of Rogers. This is what I'm referring to. Ive no problem with anyone naming a preference.

That`s me baby
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter

Postby FOYS » Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:06 pm

Rainham Red wrote:
louder wrote:
FOYS wrote:

That`s me baby

Oh dear RR. If Rodgers doesn't get the job you'll get the blame :tongue2: ;)
What did she wear......
She wore,she wore,she wore a yellow ribbon......

Keep St George in my heart keep me English......
FOYS

Postby Rainham Red » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:49 am

FOYS wrote:
Rainham Red wrote:
louder wrote:
FOYS wrote:

That`s me baby

Oh dear RR. If Rodgers doesn't get the job you'll get the blame :tongue2: ;)

If Rodgers gets the job it will be the biggest disaster since the Titanic :cry:
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter

Postby louder » Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:36 pm

Rainham Red wrote:
louder wrote:
FOYS wrote:

That`s me baby

You are guilty as charged :D . I'm just not keen on the negativity that surrounds The Club, RR. There's some truth in what Wenger has been saying these past couple of days. Some people were too quick to impose negativity on the new stadium and the group of young players that were showing real promise around ten years ago. They weren't willing to accept any less than what had been on show over the previous decade, and in doing so they set expectations that were nearly impossible to fulfilll. Every difficult result was magnified and so the tone was set. It was a losing battle from then on. What was to follow made the WOB lot's argument much more easy to establish. To argue otherwise is to argue that the fan base has no impact on a Teams performance, and we all know this isn't true. The whole club needs attention.
"Arsene is a perfect fit for Arsenal. This is the classiest club out there" - Graeme Souness.
louder
Forum Supporter

Postby Rainham Red » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:51 pm

louder wrote:
Rainham Red wrote:
louder wrote:
FOYS wrote:

That`s me baby

You are guilty as charged :D . I'm just not keen on the negativity that surrounds The Club, RR. There's some truth in what Wenger has been saying these past couple of days. Some people were too quick to impose negativity on the new stadium and the group of young players that were showing real promise around ten years ago. They weren't willing to accept any less than what had been on show over the previous decade, and in doing so they set expectations that were nearly impossible to fulfilll. Every difficult result was magnified and so the tone was set. It was a losing battle from then on. What was to follow made the WOB lot's argument much more easy to establish. To argue otherwise is to argue that the fan base has no impact on a Teams performance, and we all know this isn't true. The whole club needs attention.

Me neither. Although probably AW stayed too long some of the things a core of our fans did made us a laughing stock. In particular the plane towing a banner was cringe making. As for who our next Manager will be I feel that our board must already know. I can`t see them letting AW leave unless they are sure who is taking his place.
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter

Postby louder » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:56 pm

Rainham Red wrote:
louder wrote:
Rainham Red wrote:
louder wrote:
FOYS wrote:

That`s me baby

Me neither. Although probably AW stayed too long some of the things a core of our fans did made us a laughing stock. In particular the plane towing a banner was cringe making. As for who our next Manager will be I feel that our board must already know. I can`t see them letting AW leave unless they are sure who is taking his place.

But if he quit, which is what it's looking like, then they'll have been forced to start looking. Unless they all had an idea of what was occuring ?! I suppose there are only so many realistic candidates that have what it takes to get the job. Maybe a list isn't that difficult to compile.
Agreed about the plane banner.
louder
Forum Supporter

Postby Tenbob » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:24 pm

Wengers blaming of the fans is valid up to a point where it did ridicule the club around the world from the status we have as a club.
The Wenger out posters at every world sporting event become more of a fun theme than nasty.
But the empty seats was more damming imo and even though the club had properly 90% made their decision already ,the fans not turning up was the straw that broke the camels back.
“ Arsenal come streaming forward now in surely what will be their last attack. A good ball by Dixon, finding Smith, for Thomas, charging through the midfield. Thomas, it's up for grabs now! Thomas! ”
Tenbob
Forum Supporter

Postby Gunnersaurus » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:02 pm

The image of the club was damaged more by 8-2, 10-2, 6-0, 6-3, 5-1, 4-0, selling Van Persie to Fergie etc, think he needs to look a bit closer to home as to why it was happening.

The image of the club was bad at the end of last season, he still signed a new contract so didn't care that much, he cared about himself, the empty seats hurt his ego, that's what he's upset about, he always thinks he was invincible.
Gunnersaurus
Forum Supporter

So that's that...

Postby Red Snapper » Sun May 13, 2018 7:19 pm

And now that really is that. One third of my life (I know, I don't look that old) AW has been manager of Arsenal. I came in when George Swindin was manager, stuck with it through the dismal 60's and enjoyed the occasional success of Mee, Neill and Graham but the consistent top four and ten trophies of the Wenger years perhaps raised our expectations too high. I didn't want him to leave but felt he should which I know makes no sense but maybe that's how conflicted he made us. I hope he rests on his laurels now and does media work but I expect he'll take on another club somewhere. I can only wish him well.
AFCINMYDNA

"Tottenham fans are idiots"---Roy Keane 4th January 2014
Red Snapper
Forum Supporter

So that's that...

Postby Rainham Red » Mon May 14, 2018 8:24 am

Red Snapper wrote:And now that really is that. One third of my life (I know, I don't look that old) AW has been manager of Arsenal. I came in when George Swindin was manager, stuck with it through the dismal 60's and enjoyed the occasional success of Mee, Neill and Graham but the consistent top four and ten trophies of the Wenger years perhaps raised our expectations too high. I didn't want him to leave but felt he should which I know makes no sense but maybe that's how conflicted he made us. I hope he rests on his laurels now and does media work but I expect he'll take on another club somewhere. I can only wish him well.

I second that
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter

Postby Hobart » Wed May 16, 2018 8:21 am

I've already had a cheeky £10 on him winning a European trophy in the next 3 seasons.
There's none so blind as those who will not see.

Do not argue with an idiot they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Hobart
Forum Supporter

Previous

Return to Arsenal Chat