England

Discuss all things Arsenal

England

Postby FOYS » Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:45 am

Rainham Red wrote:Footballs coming home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's hope so mate. Only problem I'll have is that the Red Sea Pedestrians from N17 will claim that they won it.
What did she wear......
She wore,she wore,she wore a yellow ribbon......

Keep St George in my heart keep me English......
FOYS

England

Postby Rainham Red » Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:10 am

FOYS wrote:

Let's hope so mate. Only problem I'll have is that the Red Sea Pedestrians from N17 will claim that they won it.

Like the Hammers did in `66. My England player of the tournament so far is Maguire I think he has been fantastic. Apparently he has the nickname Slabhead as his head is enormous. The goal he scored yesterday his head was in the penalty area while his body was on the halfway line.
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter

England

Postby louder » Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:25 am

FOYS wrote:

Kane has done well, but Delle Alli has been shocking, as has Dier during his minor appearances. Trippier has been decent too though.

McGuire, Pickford and Henderson have all been outstanding though. I dont think we have enough to win the thing, but wouldn't a place in the final be beautiful
"Arsene is a perfect fit for Arsenal. This is the classiest club out there" - Graeme Souness.
louder
Forum Supporter

Re: England

Postby potter » Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:52 am

If Modric and Rakatic get their act together they will overrun us in midfield , however it's not a done deal as I don't rate their forwards who have not been prolific . We could easily get to the final and face premier league Belgium whose reserves have already beaten us or France who I believe will beat Belgium. It will be fun to watch Giroud against England getting better service than he ever did for us.
"Never be deceived that the rich will permit you to vote away their wealth."

It would be foolish to think otherwise
potter
Forum Supporter

England

Postby I Believe Overall » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:48 am

Croatia are a decent outfit but they struggled to get past Denmark and Russia so we shouldn't fear them. For all the talk of their attacking/midfield prowess, they concede goals so its looking very promising.
me neither
I Believe Overall
Forum Supporter

Postby I Believe Overall » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:10 pm

I for one would shake the hands of any England players who gave us that few weeks of hope. Tough to take when you are so close but no lack of effort or preparation. Euro 2020 final at Wembley anyone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
me neither
I Believe Overall
Forum Supporter

Postby Red Snapper » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:47 pm

In most of the games at the world cup, England were excellent for thirty minutes then gradually faded away then were found wanting at the sharp end of the tournament, leaving their fans disappointed and without trophies yet again. Not really surprising when Southgate put that many spuds players in the team.
AFCINMYDNA

"Tottenham fans are idiots"---Roy Keane 4th January 2014
Red Snapper
Forum Supporter

England

Postby Rainham Red » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:33 am

Really disappointed with the result but have to admit Croatia deserved to win. I thought we shaded it first half but fell away badly the second while the Croats seemed to grow stronger. My English player of the tournament was Maguire while Pickford, Trippier and Henderson all played well but was disappointed with Kane, Ali and Sterling.
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter

Previous

Return to Arsenal Chat