Ozil retires

Discuss all things Arsenal

Ozil retires

Postby potter » Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:14 pm

From international football . Seems that he can't differentiate from being German or Turkish. His acceptance of Erdogan is not popular in the anti Merkel population and he is copping the blame for their poor showing in Russia. It would appear that he is number one scapegoat wherever he goes.
"Never be deceived that the rich will permit you to vote away their wealth."

It would be foolish to think otherwise
potter
Forum Supporter

Ozil retires

Postby Thynker » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:58 am

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/footbal ... li-Hoeness

Couldn't have put it better myself.
He is hiding his failings behind the racist card
He is weak in character.

We should have got rid when we had the chance.
Wenger out!!
Thynker
Forum Supporter

Ozil retires

Postby louder » Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:12 pm

Shot for years ? It was only four years ago that he was instrumental.

I bet if his skin was darker his claims if racism would be taken more seriously. A few journo's have backed him by saying he's taken the majority of the flack for the team's failing.

Hopefully The Arsenal fanbase get behind him and appreciate him for what he brings to the team.

He's still paid too much though. But they all are.
"Arsene is a perfect fit for Arsenal. This is the classiest club out there" - Graeme Souness.
louder
Forum Supporter

Ozil retires

Postby Rainham Red » Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:09 am

Ozil does polarise opinion the way he strolls back after an Arsenal attack breaks down but his stats are incredible.

Assists since his debut in 2013: 50, the next best is Erikson with 48 and Silva with 44
Number of chances created: 476 the next best is Erikson with 474 and Hazard with 422

People wet themselves over Erikson and Hazard but Ozil gets stick from his own fans (me included)

Incredibly 72m people follow Ozil on Social Media 20 million more than the next footballer.
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter

Ozil retires

Postby Thynker » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:58 pm

Rainham Red wrote:Ozil does polarise opinion the way he strolls back after an Arsenal attack breaks down but his stats are incredible.

Assists since his debut in 2013: 50, the next best is Erikson with 48 and Silva with 44
Number of chances created: 476 the next best is Erikson with 474 and Hazard with 422

People wet themselves over Erikson and Hazard but Ozil gets stick from his own fans (me included)

Incredibly 72m people follow Ozil on Social Media 20 million more than the next footballer.

If you want to use stats... Hazard has scored more than twice as many league goals as Ozil in that timeframe. Never mind chances, Hazard was busy sticking it in the net.
Wenger out!!
Thynker
Forum Supporter

Ozil retires

Postby louder » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:44 pm

Thynker wrote:
Rainham Red wrote:Ozil does polarise opinion the way he strolls back after an Arsenal attack breaks down but his stats are incredible.

If you want to use stats... Hazard has scored more than twice as many league goals as Ozil in that timeframe. Never mind chances, Hazard was busy sticking it in the net.

If he is retired then he can focus on The Arsenal. Jolly good show.
"Arsene is a perfect fit for Arsenal. This is the classiest club out there" - Graeme Souness.
louder
Forum Supporter

Re: Ozil retires

Postby potter » Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:16 am

Emery supporting him in news clips. His attitude must have impressed a bit on returning to the club last Sunday.
"Never be deceived that the rich will permit you to vote away their wealth."

It would be foolish to think otherwise
potter
Forum Supporter

Ozil retires

Postby Rainham Red » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:01 am

Thynker wrote:

Dozens of players have scored more goals than Ozil and Hazard combined but none have made more assists and chances. It doesn`t matter if Ozil scores or not as long as his play allows other players to score.
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter

Re: Ozil retires

Postby Tenbob » Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:11 pm

Could be just what we need to get the best out of of him.
A fresh start for him to prove the doubters including myself wrong.
I think Wenger treated him with kid gloves did not help and hope that Emerys approach will give him and the team the lift required.
“ Arsenal come streaming forward now in surely what will be their last attack. A good ball by Dixon, finding Smith, for Thomas, charging through the midfield. Thomas, it's up for grabs now! Thomas! ”
Tenbob
Forum Supporter

Return to Arsenal Chat