Official Next Match Thread

Discuss all things Arsenal

Re: Official Next Match Thread

Postby FOYS » Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:55 am

Rainham Red wrote:
FOYS wrote:
Rainham Red wrote:
Red Snapper wrote:It seems odd that they have only been champions once. Maybe that seems odd because they've been European Cup winners twice.

Well spotted my bad. Forest have only won the European Cup once but they have also won the equivalent to what is now called the Europa League.

You got it right first time RR, Forest have won it twice. The second time was as defending champions.

Put it down to my age :duh: Hope you are well FOYS

I'm pretty good thanks. A few health problems, but that comes with age. Hope you're well mate.
What did she wear......
She wore,she wore,she wore a yellow ribbon......

Keep St George in my heart keep me English......
FOYS

Postby Rainham Red » Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:04 pm

Yes I`m okay FOYS
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter

Postby Tenbob » Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:04 pm

Very pleasing with the way the team dominated the game and the way the incoming defenders played well and kept a clean sheet.
Starting to like Chambers more and more lately.
Great return for Holding and a bonus that Belerin got on.
Tierney looks the part .
“ Arsenal come streaming forward now in surely what will be their last attack. A good ball by Dixon, finding Smith, for Thomas, charging through the midfield. Thomas, it's up for grabs now! Thomas! ”
Tenbob
Forum Supporter

Postby Rainham Red » Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:44 pm

Manchester United v Arsenal Monday 30th September 2019 KO 20.00
One of the great fixtures of the Premiership. United are the most successful Club in England and were founded 1878 as Newton Heath but changed their name to it`s present title in 1902. Nickname the Red Devils and their colours are Red Shirts Black Shorts and Red Socks.
Results of League games Man Utd 97 wins Arsenal 83 wins with 57 Drawn
Between them they have won 112 major trophies with United winning 66 and Arsenal winning 46
United Owners are the Glazer family and the Manager is an ex-player Oli Gunnar Solskjar
The first meeting between the two Clubs was 13th October 1894 in the second division which finished 3-3
Stadium: Old Trafford which holds 76000 fans
Transfers between the two Clubs has seen eight players going to Man Utd and eight players going to Arsenal.
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter

Postby Rainham Red » Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:33 pm

Man Utd 1 v Arse 3 (Xhaka)
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter

Postby Tenbob » Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:40 am

This match will show where both teams are and where they are going.
Good time to play them and realistically we shouldn't lose but as its us,we could quite easily get turned over.
They lack a game plan and their overall displays look disjointed.
If we can get it right defensively we could be a team to reckon with and should finish above this lot come the end of the season.
“ Arsenal come streaming forward now in surely what will be their last attack. A good ball by Dixon, finding Smith, for Thomas, charging through the midfield. Thomas, it's up for grabs now! Thomas! ”
Tenbob
Forum Supporter

Postby Rainham Red » Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:00 pm

Assuming that Bellerin, Holding and Tierney are all fit to play tomorrow who should be the 4th back four player. It would be between Mustafi, Luiz, Socratis and Chambers. Mustafi I dismiss instantly, I quite like Luiz but he is not disciplined enough which leaves Socratis and Chambers. I like Chambers but I feel we need someone who is not afraid to put the boot in and will not be overawed.
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter

Postby Thynker » Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:55 pm

Pepe has been very unmpressive
I'd have him playing in the cups

Can't wait until Tierney and Holding in the team
Xhaka should never be in the team nevermind being captain
Wenger out!!
Thynker
Forum Supporter

Postby Tenbob » Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:55 am

Shaka outshines Pepe,and they were there for the taking last night.
It's a poor Utd side and we should have won.
Torriea looks a shadow of the player that first come to the club and feel the Prem is not for him.
Worry about the managers judgement on Xhaka and could cost him his job as it makes no sense to anyone why he gets picked and beggars belief he's been made captain.
Willock should start as he has the energy bite and skill to play anywhere in the midfield.
Any other time a point at old Trafford is acceptable but last night if should have been all three.
So disappointed with the draw.
Tenbob
Forum Supporter

Postby Rainham Red » Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:10 am

Tenbob wrote:Shaka outshines Pepe,and they were there for the taking last night.
It's a poor Utd side and we should have won.
Torriea looks a shadow of the player that first come to the club and feel the Prem is not for him.
Worry about the managers judgement on Xhaka and could cost him his job as it makes no sense to anyone why he gets picked and beggars belief he's been made captain.
Willock should start as he has the energy bite and skill to play anywhere in the midfield.
Any other time a point at old Trafford is acceptable but last night if should have been all three.
So disappointed with the draw.

Xhaka is a disgrace. He ducked under the shot that led to a goal and cost us two points. He is also the Captain and should lead by example. He must earn over £100k a week I think most people on here would head cannonballs away for that sort of money.
What was the linesman doing flagging for offside PEA was three yards on-side. The Ref did well letting the game go on until we scored, if he had blown up for offside VAR coudn`t have intervened.
Not a great game of football but the weather conditions were atrocious.
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter

Postby German_Gooner » Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:06 am

wrong team selection by the manager,
we need ceballos or ozil in the team to feed our strikers,
willock also needs to start, replacing toreira or xhaka,
thanks good our young french hero is playing on that level in midfield,
very disappointed with pepe, young saka is the deal, well played.
German_Gooner
Forum Supporter

Postby Rainham Red » Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:53 am

Arsenal v Royal Standard Club of Liege (known as Standard Liege)
Thursday 3rd October 2019 KO 20.00
Standard are a Belgium Club who were founded in 1898. They were promoted to the Belgium top Division in 1921 and have never been relegated since.
They have won 10 league titles the most recent 2008/9. 8 Cup wins the most recent 2017/18 and 1 League Cup in 1975.
Manager is Michael Preud`homme.
Ground: Stade Maurice Dufrasne with a capacity of 27,670
The two teams have met four times with AFC winning each time.
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter

Postby Tenbob » Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:59 pm

Great game to get fitness into the comeback players and for once actually enjoying seeing the youth come through as they are a progressing bunch.
Could be a fair contest and should be a good game for a Thursday .
Tenbob
Forum Supporter

Postby Thynker » Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:42 pm

Too easy so far
Liege have been pretty standard

I'm not a big Bellerin fan. I think he's good going forward but a poor defender.
Wenger out!!
Thynker
Forum Supporter

Postby Rainham Red » Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:44 am

Martinelli looks like a natural goal-scorer and his approach play is excellent too. £6m was daylight robbery. All the youngsters played well and it will be interesting to see if Emery plays any of them in league games.
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter

Postby Tenbob » Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:22 pm

Youngsters look really promising and Willock is growing in statue with every game he plays.
Holding very composed and if had to make a choice would pick this back four over the lot that have played so far,even with Mustafi (gulp) in it.
Tenbob
Forum Supporter

Postby Rainham Red » Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:38 pm

Tenbob wrote:Youngsters look really promising and Willock is growing in statue with every game he plays.
Holding very composed and if had to make a choice would pick this back four over the lot that have played so far,even with Mustafi (gulp) in it.

:smackbum:
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter

Postby Tenbob » Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:41 pm

Rainham Red wrote:
Tenbob wrote:Youngsters look really promising and Willock is growing in statue with every game he plays.

Ha ha RR I deserve that and apologise .
Just playing devils advocate if you had to pick either the mad Greek and liability Luiz or Dreadful Mustafi and Holding as you centre back choice.
Tenbob
Forum Supporter

Postby Rainham Red » Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:10 pm

Tenbob wrote:
Rainham Red wrote:

Ha ha RR I deserve that and apologise .
Just playing devils advocate if you had to pick either the mad Greek and liability Luiz or Dreadful Mustafi and Holding as you centre back choice.

I would pick you. Seriously though mate my Central Back pair would be Holding and Socrates or if not the Greek Chambers.
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter

Postby FOYS » Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:18 pm

Good win, but why oh why bring on PEA and Guendouzi and risk them getting injured when the game was won :eek:
What did she wear......
She wore,she wore,she wore a yellow ribbon......

Keep St George in my heart keep me English......
FOYS

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Chat