Finishing the Season

Discuss all things Arsenal

Finishing the Season

Postby Rainham Red » Thu May 14, 2020 5:03 pm

There has been lots of talk of how Clubs are going to finish the season, some say cancel the season and start a new season in August. Others say the season should be completed at neutral grounds with no spectators. However, I suggest that the season is completed but by five a-side teams taking penalties the team which scores more than than their opponent gets the three points and say they won the shoot-out 4-3 their goals for and against are duly recorded . If the penalties finish level on goals scored each club get one point. As the shoot-out only takes about fifteen minutes the season could be completed in at most two days.
Of course all the teams must be at the same venue which I would suggest is Wembley.
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter

Re: Finishing the Season

Postby Red Snapper » Thu May 14, 2020 7:48 pm

This is the sort of brilliant idea that only comes with maturity and wisdom. There would still be drawn games so the current points system would be honoured. The attention span of the average Millennial would not be compromised and us babyboomers would have plenty of opportunity for a nap.
AFCINMYDNA

"Tottenham fans are idiots"---Roy Keane 4th January 2014
Red Snapper
Forum Supporter

Finishing the Season

Postby Thynker » Mon May 18, 2020 4:25 pm

If it became points per game, we would finish ahead of Spurs...
Wenger out!!
Thynker
Forum Supporter

Finishing the Season

Postby Rainham Red » Mon May 18, 2020 4:41 pm

Thynker wrote:If it became points per game, we would finish ahead of Spurs...

Small consolation Thynker our target should be to finish above Liverpool when things get back to normal.
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter

Postby potter » Thu May 21, 2020 8:17 am

If it became points per game, we would finish ahead of Spurs..

The only cosolation about that irrespective of who we go above is that it might give us a revenue stream for European football which might help in the chase for catching the teams above us .
As unlikely as this is I feel that football is going to have to look seriously at itself and how it finances it's future . More money is not necessarily the answer helpful , yes , but no matter what we earn , as long as teams that have owners finding ways to pump money in , keeping up is going to be nigh on impossible .
Quite a few clubs are going to find that chasing the golden fleece has left them in jeopardy and having a self sustaining policy is likely to leave us relying on Hale End to supplement our squad rather than splashing very hard to come by cash.
The questions that football needs to ask itself is what will happen when media moguls say " we know that you are getting desperate and we will not pay as much and by the way you owe us for the end of the last deal. When season ticket holders say " I have had enough and I am not confident of being in a 60 ,000 crowd let alone the means of travelling to and from the game . In the London clubs situation what of mr Khan's congestion charges and Ulez ? driving in from the suburbs and farther is another consideration likely to impact on crowd size and if not succesful clubs will find it harder to attract walk in business.
In effect I think times are going to be hard for football in the short term and until peoples expectations are tempered . There will be trouble ahead.
"Never be deceived that the rich will permit you to vote away their wealth."

It would be foolish to think otherwise
potter
Forum Supporter

Postby Rainham Red » Thu May 21, 2020 2:04 pm

potter wrote:If it became points per game, we would finish ahead of Spurs..

The only cosolation about that irrespective of who we go above is that it might give us a revenue stream for European football which might help in the chase for catching the teams above us .
As unlikely as this is I feel that football is going to have to look seriously at itself and how it finances it's future . More money is not necessarily the answer helpful , yes , but no matter what we earn , as long as teams that have owners finding ways to pump money in , keeping up is going to be nigh on impossible .
Quite a few clubs are going to find that chasing the golden fleece has left them in jeopardy and having a self sustaining policy is likely to leave us relying on Hale End to supplement our squad rather than splashing very hard to come by cash.
The questions that football needs to ask itself is what will happen when media moguls say " we know that you are getting desperate and we will not pay as much and by the way you owe us for the end of the last deal. When season ticket holders say " I have had enough and I am not confident of being in a 60 ,000 crowd let alone the means of travelling to and from the game . In the London clubs situation what of mr Khan's congestion charges and Ulez ? driving in from the suburbs and farther is another consideration likely to impact on crowd size and if not succesful clubs will find it harder to attract walk in business.
In effect I think times are going to be hard for football in the short term and until peoples expectations are tempered . There will be trouble ahead.

There may be trouble ahead
But while we have dancing and music
And love and romance
Please play the music and dance
Rainham Red
Forum Supporter

Return to Arsenal Chat